Obituary: Stanley Smyth
September 5, 2013
Stanley was born in Paradise California, August 1st, 1922 to Irene and Leroy Smyth and left his family and friends on July 15th, 2013 just before his 91st birthday. Stanley was raised in Oakland, California and moved to Sacramento after graduating from the University of California at Berkeley.
He worked for and retired from the State of California as a mechanical engineer, working for the departments of Highways, Architecture and Youth Authority. He moved to his cherished Lake Tahoe and spent the last thirty seven years of his life enjoying the special beauty of Tahoe area.
He leaves behind his wife Astrid, daughter Carol (Pinky), son Martin (Patty), loving step-daughters Marcia, Lizette, Andrea, Cynthia and Cheryl; step-sons Mike and Randy, grandchildren, Laura and Brian and great grandchild Riley. He was truly a gentleman and will be greatly missed.
Stanley's memorial service will be held on September 14th , 2013, at Christ the King Lutheran Church in Tahoe City, at noon. (3125 North Lake Boulevard)
Reception to follow.
Trending In: Obituaries
- The Made in Tahoe Festival will be hosted at Squaw Valley on May 27-28, and celebrates all things Tahoe
- Will big winter impact water temperature for swimmers in Lake Tahoe?
- Locals’ guide to Memorial Day in Tahoe: A light-hearted take on escaping the hustle and bustle
- How to safely cross the 72-mile ride around Lake Tahoe off your bucket list
- Nesting bald eagles cause temporary campground closure in Eldorado National Forest