Obituary: Stanley Smyth
September 5, 2013
Stanley was born in Paradise California, August 1st, 1922 to Irene and Leroy Smyth and left his family and friends on July 15th, 2013 just before his 91st birthday. Stanley was raised in Oakland, California and moved to Sacramento after graduating from the University of California at Berkeley.
He worked for and retired from the State of California as a mechanical engineer, working for the departments of Highways, Architecture and Youth Authority. He moved to his cherished Lake Tahoe and spent the last thirty seven years of his life enjoying the special beauty of Tahoe area.
He leaves behind his wife Astrid, daughter Carol (Pinky), son Martin (Patty), loving step-daughters Marcia, Lizette, Andrea, Cynthia and Cheryl; step-sons Mike and Randy, grandchildren, Laura and Brian and great grandchild Riley. He was truly a gentleman and will be greatly missed.
Stanley's memorial service will be held on September 14th , 2013, at Christ the King Lutheran Church in Tahoe City, at noon. (3125 North Lake Boulevard)
Reception to follow.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Reno man killed in head-on crash northeast of Truckee on Interstate 80
- Truckee couple to host fundraiser on Oct. 17 for Northern California fire victims
- Arapahoe Basin once again country’s first ski area to open, marking start of 2017-2018 season
- New company creates a way for skiers to wear snowboard boots with skis
- Public input sought on draft Truckee River Recreational Access Plan