Obituary: Steve Lamb
July 10, 2014
Steve Lamb (8/23/49 to 7/6/14) passed away peacefully Sunday morning, a result of his long battle with diabetes.
Steve lived in Olympic Valley and worked at Squaw Valley Ski Resort for approximately 35 years as a year-round employee doing ski patrol, construction, plumbing, blasting and explosives management, among others.
About 3 1/2 years ago his diabetes led to his leg being amputated below the knee, and he could no longer work. His family moved him to Southern California to look after him. I had the pleasure of working with Steve on ski patrol for 28 winters, and have stayed in touch with him over the past few years.
Steve touched many lives over his career with Squaw Valley, and was well regarded in the community. For decades he organized the Billy Dutton Uphill fundraiser at Squaw, and was always closely involved with many of the other community events held at Squaw providing his labor and expertise in whatever way it was needed.
A celebration of life will take place 12:30 p.m. Saturday, July 12, at Corpus Christi Catholic Church at 905 West Lake Blvd. in Tahoe City. A reception will follow at Squaw Valley High Camp.
If you would like any further information please contact Rob Lamb at 310-291-4535, email@example.com.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Male snowboarder, 43, dies after falling into tree well at Tahoe-area resort
- Lake Tahoe skiing: Amid record snow, Squaw to stay open through July 4
- Lake Tahoe-area power outages almost completely restored (updates)
- Opinion: Truckee Town Council, police need to address traffic issues
- Creatures released into ‘Lake Tahoe’ go on killing spree in 2015 movie