Obituary: Steven R. Robb
March 12, 2013
Aug. 27 1950 – Feb. 14 2013
On Feb. 14, 2013, Steve lost his long time battle with heart failure. He was 62 years old. He passed peacefully in his sleep in his own home with his wife and dogs, just the way he wanted to go.
After an honorable discharge from combat service in Vietnam with a Bronze star and a Purple heart, Steve came to Calif and landed in the Truckee Tahoe area where he had a successful concrete business and was a valued member of the Alpine Meadows Ski patrol for almost 30 years.
Steve was a man of simple pleasures, he loved pouring a perfect slab, getting a big avalanche, spending time with his dogs and wife, volunteering at the library and watching the Giants and the 49ers win.
Steve is survived by his wife and best friend of 24 yrs, Jeannette; his sister, Melanie; his brothers, Kirby, Robin and Dale; as well as their father, Vernon. He is proceeded in death by his mother Viola.
We will be hold a celebration of Steve's life at Alpine Meadows at 5pm on Sunday, March 3.
Memorial contributions may be made in Steve's honor in lieu of flowers to the Humane Society of Truckee Tahoe.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Teen skiers mourned: two skiers killed in avalanche remembered
- Lake Tahoe weather: Progress being made on widespread power outages
- Lake Tahoe weather: Floriston, Highway 89 areas still may be down until Saturday
- Officials may have to ‘spill’ excess water from Lake Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe weather: Snow, rain, avalanches, mudslides and more possible this week