Open burning under way in Incline
October 30, 2013
INCLINE VILLAGE, Nev. — With the recent change in weather conditions, the North Lake Tahoe Fire Protection District on Wednesday lifted seasonal restrictions on outdoor burning.
Permits for open burning of pine needles, slash pile burning, construction warming fires, open wood-burning camp fires and cooking fires are available for free at the district’s administration office located at 866 Oriole Way.
Below are some of the guidelines for open burning:
• Permit holder must call fire dispatch before burning
• Open burning starts at 8:00am and all piles must be extinguished by 3:00pm
• Keep pine needle and slash piles small and manageable
• Have a charged garden hose and hand tools nearby
• Fire must be constantly attended by an adult
• Clear a 10 foot radius noncombustible area around all fires
• Keep fires away from any overhanging branches
• Provide a wire screen cover over wood fires to trap embers and sparks
• Burning of household refuse, trash, cardboard, rubber products, tires, plastic, petroleum, construction debris and other non-vegetative materials is prohibited.
For questions, call the district at 775-831-0351, ext. 0.