Dishin’ with Stella | Fresh from the market
July 10, 2012
TAHOE/TRUCKEE, Calif. – Shop, cook and enjoy the Farmers’ Market with The Cedar House’s Stella Farmers’ Markets are one of the best resources for chefs and foodies to purchase and learn about produce and artisan ingredients. To get the most out of this summer’s markets, approach the selection process with an open mind, letting the ingredients dictate what you will be cooking. In The Cedar House Sport Hotel’s class with Stella’s executive chef Jacob Burton, begin with a guided tour through the Truckee Farmers’ Market. Discuss strategies for picking the freshest produce.
Once the produce is selected, accompany Burton back to Stella where the group will design and prepare a delicious lunch menu and enjoy lunch on the patio.
The Farmers’ Market class will be offered on July 17 and Aug. 21. Meet at Stella at 9 a.m. Reservations required. The cost per class is $85 plus tax. For details visit the event calendar http://www.cedarhousesporthotel.com or call 530-582-5655.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Opinion
- Opinion: Lake Tahoe Shoreline Plan coming together — more work to do
- Opinion: Moving forward with progressive change in Lake Tahoe region
- My View: It is expensive to live here at Truckee-North Tahoe (opinion)
- Out of the Blue: Russia issue not going away
- Pine Nuts: Airbnb welcomes Animal House to the neighborhood
- Jumping into Lake Tahoe this weekend? Read this first
- Are avalanche deaths and atmospheric rivers linked? Researchers think so
- Laser sailing takes over Lake Tahoe near Tahoe City
- Revenue is up, but occupancy is not for western mountain resorts
- Where to find the best local brews amid Lake Tahoe’s growing craft beer scene