Dishin’ with Stella | Fresh from the market
July 10, 2012
TAHOE/TRUCKEE, Calif. – Shop, cook and enjoy the Farmers’ Market with The Cedar House’s Stella Farmers’ Markets are one of the best resources for chefs and foodies to purchase and learn about produce and artisan ingredients. To get the most out of this summer’s markets, approach the selection process with an open mind, letting the ingredients dictate what you will be cooking. In The Cedar House Sport Hotel’s class with Stella’s executive chef Jacob Burton, begin with a guided tour through the Truckee Farmers’ Market. Discuss strategies for picking the freshest produce.
Once the produce is selected, accompany Burton back to Stella where the group will design and prepare a delicious lunch menu and enjoy lunch on the patio.
The Farmers’ Market class will be offered on July 17 and Aug. 21. Meet at Stella at 9 a.m. Reservations required. The cost per class is $85 plus tax. For details visit the event calendar http://www.cedarhousesporthotel.com or call 530-582-5655.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Opinion
- Researchers discover three new toad species in Nevada’s Great Basin
- Truckee Donner Land Trust and Nature Conservancy secure another piece of the Sierra
- Detwiler Fire Update: 76,000 acres burned; 63 homes destroyed in Mariposa County
- Former Truckee officer charged with multiple counts of assault
- Tahoe Top 5: Local experts share their favorite trails around North Lake to soak up some sunshine with dogs