Faith Factor | Why? Making sense of God’s will
January 5, 2012
TRUCKEE, Calif. – Do you ever ask “why?” Maybe even find yourself raging, “Why God, why?” Why does God allow suffering? Why doesn’t God do something about evil? Why does God seem so far away? Why are my prayers unanswered?
Beginning Saturday evening, Jan. 7 and Sunday morning Jan. 8, discover your answers to “Why?” as Church of the Mountains United Methodist Church embarks on a sermon series based upon Adam Hamilton’s book, “Why: Making Sense of God’s Will.” Interested persons may take the journey farther by joining Pastor Kathleen Mahoney for an accompanying four-week study beginning Thursday, Jan. 12, 6:30 p.m. in the sanctuary. Participants in the study are encouraged to purchase the book and read the first chapter before the first class. See http://www.churchofthemountains.com or call 530-587-4407 for more information, times and to register for the class.
Church of the Mountains is located at 11079 Church St. across from the Community Arts Center in downtown Truckee. Two services are offered each week. A family service on Saturday evenings at 6 p.m. is a contemporary service featuring music by the Church of the Mountains praise band. Sunday’s traditional worship begins at 9 a.m. with coffee and snacks following the service. A children’s program and nursery is available at both services.
– Submitted to email@example.com
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Opinion
- Researchers discover three new toad species in Nevada’s Great Basin
- Detwiler Fire Update: 76,000 acres burned; 63 homes destroyed in Mariposa County
- Truckee Donner Land Trust and Nature Conservancy secure another piece of the Sierra
- Squaw Valley ends ski and snowboard lift operations for 2016-17 season
- Former Truckee officer charged with multiple counts of assault