Letter to the Editor: Adding to ‘Madness at Meadow Lake’
July 14, 2014
Mark McLaughlin's article, "Gold madness at Meadow Lake," in the July 10 edition of the Bonanza was very enjoyable.
I need to add a point to this article. The Incline Village Crystal Bay Republican Women had a fashion show in June entitled "Notable and Notorious Women of Nevada." The poster promoting the show featured an "in-character" portrayal of the Alice Hartley described in the Meadow Lake article.
In the show, Alice was played by Incline local Diana Jones. I had the fun of being "Senator Foley" in the same skit. For whatever reason, Ms. Hartley had to shoot Senator Foley.
At the time of the skit, I was advised the senator's only "crime" had been observation of other women. The article on Meadow Lake, though, would indicate otherwise.
Hopefully, the Alice Hartley in the skit will receive a gold medal from the Republican Women.
Gary Stewart (aka Senator Foley)
Trending In: Opinion
- TRPA Opinion: We can’t solve Lake Tahoe’s transit issues overnight
- Opinion: CA Sen. Ted Gaines fails as a leader, blames others instead
- Sen. Ted Gaines opinion: Sanctuary state a bad idea for California
- Truckee Police Logs: Man drives down train tracks, arrested for DUI
- Jim Porter: Feel comfortable helping someone as a ‘Good Samaritan’ (opinion)
- What’s the story behind Truckee’s West River Street cottages?
- Lake Tahoe weather: 10-20 inches of snow forecast by Wednesday up top
- After 15 years of missed reviews, Truckee assessing Martis Valley Quarry
- Truckee ski-snowboard company launches Kickstarter campaign to expand
- Suicide prevention at Tahoe: Eating healthy key to positive mental health