Letter to the Editor: An ode to Bill Horn
September 25, 2013
In my career I have been fortunate to worked with a few capable people who brought a sense of professionalism to their jobs that just gave me the impression that they knew what they were about and what was expected of them
Bill Horn is one of those people. Having work with Bill more than eight of the past 12 years (2001-2004 and 2009-2012 — four of those as chairman of the IVGID board), I found his commitment to the betterment our community to be even greater than some of those who live here.
We as a village are much better situated for the future than we would have been had he not devoted himself to our improvement.
Under Bill's leadership, and with the IVGID team, our village has prospered and grown to a degree heretofore not experienced.
We are one of, if not the most successful, GIDs in the state.
How do I measure success? It is how a community feels about itself, and it seems to me we, save for a few constant complainers, feel happy about how things have been handled over the last 12 years.
The other measure I would use in defining success is by the numbers.
In that category we are at or above the required financial strength any of the governmental entities in the state. This in itself is an outstanding achievement in today's environment.
Finally I wanted to say thank you to Bill for all the personal time you have devoted to our residents, staff members, schools, etc., etc., etc. You will be missed.
All the best to you and your family as you move on to another chapter in you life.
Former IVGID trustee
Trending In: Opinion
- TRPA Opinion: We can’t solve Lake Tahoe’s transit issues overnight
- Opinion: CA Sen. Ted Gaines fails as a leader, blames others instead
- Sen. Ted Gaines opinion: Sanctuary state a bad idea for California
- Truckee Police Logs: Man drives down train tracks, arrested for DUI
- Jim Porter: Feel comfortable helping someone as a ‘Good Samaritan’ (opinion)
- What’s the story behind Truckee’s West River Street cottages?
- Lake Tahoe weather: 10-20 inches of snow forecast by Wednesday up top
- After 15 years of missed reviews, Truckee assessing Martis Valley Quarry
- Truckee ski-snowboard company launches Kickstarter campaign to expand
- $180,000 raised at Truckee-Tahoe humane society event at The Ritz