Letter to the Editor: Big money is dirtying our politics
Ryan Summerlin June 18, 2014
I am urging the adoption of SB 1272, which is currently under review in the California Assembly Appropriations Committee.
We need to take back our country for its citizens — not corporate non-citizens. Big money is fouling the political waters, and its corruptive effects need to be stopped, not promoted and given the guise of legal legitimacy.
Trending In: Opinion
- Opinion: Kudos to Placer supes for positive Martis Valley West vote
- Note from the editor: Sierra Sun-Bonanza election letters policy
- Jim Porter: Are pliers considered burglar’s tools? (opinion)
- Mental Health Matters: Is alcohol the most dangerous drug in America? (opinion)
- Opinion: Vote for Rick Stephens for Truckee Tahoe Airport District board
- Nevada duo arrested in Truckee on theft, heroin possession charges
- Truckee football ices Elko Indians, 39-0; marks 3rd straight shutout
- North Tahoe crime logs: Two rings stolen from jewelry store, valued at $15,000
- Truckee, a sanctuary for runners, to host first-ever marathon this weekend
- North Tahoe PUD to work exclusively with Bay Area developer