Letter to the Editor: Big money is dirtying our politics
June 18, 2014
I am urging the adoption of SB 1272, which is currently under review in the California Assembly Appropriations Committee.
We need to take back our country for its citizens — not corporate non-citizens. Big money is fouling the political waters, and its corruptive effects need to be stopped, not promoted and given the guise of legal legitimacy.
Trending In: Opinion
- Out of the Blue: Is Hillary Clinton such a nasty woman? (opinion)
- Opinion: Vote against legalizing recreational marijuana in Nevada
- Jim Porter: Voting recommendations for November 8, part two (opinion)
- Legal Clarity: Nevada Question No. 1 and the Second Amendment (opinion)
- Jim Clark: ‘Judge tosses suit threatening WC-1’ (opinion)
- North Tahoe Mellow Fellow closes after property’s foreclosure
- Lake Tahoe resort to open ski-in, ski-out coworking space
- Truckee Police arrest 5 people in vehicle burglary, theft cases (updated)
- Squaw development: Little progress made on Attorney General’s concerns
- Lake Tahoe weather: More rain in forecast after recent 11 billion-gallon dump