Letter to the Editor: Big money is dirtying our politics
June 18, 2014
I am urging the adoption of SB 1272, which is currently under review in the California Assembly Appropriations Committee.
We need to take back our country for its citizens — not corporate non-citizens. Big money is fouling the political waters, and its corruptive effects need to be stopped, not promoted and given the guise of legal legitimacy.
Trending In: Opinion
- Note from the Superintendent: So many great things to celebrate within TTUSD
- Opinion: We all should respect the office of the president
- Jim Porter: Noncompetition clauses illegal in California (opinion)
- Opinion: Placer County can learn affordable housing lesson from Truckee
- My View: It is expensive to live here at Truckee-North Tahoe (opinion)
- Lake Tahoe weather: Snow, rain, avalanches, mudslides and more possible this week
- Teen skiers mourned: two skiers killed in avalanche remembered
- Lake Tahoe weather: Progress being made on widespread power outages
- Official: Fixing Tahoe transit key to limiting tension between locals, tourists
- Tahoe-Truckee storms: May take months to determine true cost of damage