Letter to the Editor: Commenting on the bachelor degree debacle
March 19, 2014
I would just like to raise a couple of points concerning the ongoing discussions over the search for the new IVGID GM position.
There has been so much discussion and accusations concerning the possible collusion between a candidate and an IVGID trustee. The whole issue seemingly revolves around the lack of a college degree, a requirement for the post, that supposedly only surfaced to the full body of the selection committee when they were at the point of making their final decision.
If this indeed was really the case I would like to know two things. Firstly, where were Peckham & McKenney? Is it not part of their responsibility to verify the information provided by the candidates? They were paid portions of their contract when obviously they failed in their obligations to vet all serious candidates.
In addition, the candidate in question, Eric Severance, is a former general manager of Diamond Peak. It is inconceivable that IVGID does not have the education level recorded of a former GM of their ski resort. There was a fundamental breakdown in this process, but the community seems to prefer to divert their attention to the perceived culpability of one IVGID trustee.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Opinion
- Bark beetle infestation continues to threaten Tahoe-Truckee forests
- Shortage of construction workers in Nevada County reaching critical levels
- Incline Flume Trail received $130K grant for improvements, and is now open to the public
- Series of earthquakes strike near Truckee
- Heavenly’s Epic Discovery program: Ultimate outdoor summer playground at Lake Tahoe (video)