Letter to the Editor: Grand Jury should probe hospital district
August 29, 2013
This letter is in response to the Sierra Sun story, "TDRPD board: Our job not to handle day-to-day ops," on Page 1 of last Wednesday's paper.
I find it interesting that the Nevada County Grand Jury chose to investigate the Truckee-Donner Recreation & Park District — a well-run, popular district — over relatively small matters.
Last year I formally requested the Grand Jury investigate the Tahoe Forest Hospital District regarding the dramatic increase in the Measure C bond assessment. The Grand Jury refused.
The assessment remains essentially the same, even though property values are rising. Perhaps if others contact the Grand Jury on this issue they will reconsider.
Trending In: Opinion
- TRPA Opinion: We can’t solve Lake Tahoe’s transit issues overnight
- Opinion: CA Sen. Ted Gaines fails as a leader, blames others instead
- Sen. Ted Gaines opinion: Sanctuary state a bad idea for California
- Truckee Police Logs: Man drives down train tracks, arrested for DUI
- Jim Porter: Feel comfortable helping someone as a ‘Good Samaritan’ (opinion)
- What’s the story behind Truckee’s West River Street cottages?
- Lake Tahoe weather: 10-20 inches of snow forecast by Wednesday up top
- After 15 years of missed reviews, Truckee assessing Martis Valley Quarry
- Truckee ski-snowboard company launches Kickstarter campaign to expand
- $180,000 raised at Truckee-Tahoe humane society event at The Ritz