Letter to the Editor: Grand Jury should probe hospital district
August 29, 2013
This letter is in response to the Sierra Sun story, "TDRPD board: Our job not to handle day-to-day ops," on Page 1 of last Wednesday's paper.
I find it interesting that the Nevada County Grand Jury chose to investigate the Truckee-Donner Recreation & Park District — a well-run, popular district — over relatively small matters.
Last year I formally requested the Grand Jury investigate the Tahoe Forest Hospital District regarding the dramatic increase in the Measure C bond assessment. The Grand Jury refused.
The assessment remains essentially the same, even though property values are rising. Perhaps if others contact the Grand Jury on this issue they will reconsider.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Opinion
- Wildfire risk a concern in Tahoe Truckee
- Tahoe City company brings gourmet dining to the wilderness
- Incline Flume Trail received $130K grant for improvements, and is now open to the public
- Skyrunners take on high-altitude terrain at Squaw Valley
- Parasol’s building proposal gets no quick answer in Incline Village