Letter to the Editor: Grand Jury should probe hospital district
August 29, 2013
This letter is in response to the Sierra Sun story, “TDRPD board: Our job not to handle day-to-day ops,” on Page 1 of last Wednesday’s paper.
I find it interesting that the Nevada County Grand Jury chose to investigate the Truckee-Donner Recreation & Park District — a well-run, popular district — over relatively small matters.
Last year I formally requested the Grand Jury investigate the Tahoe Forest Hospital District regarding the dramatic increase in the Measure C bond assessment. The Grand Jury refused.
The assessment remains essentially the same, even though property values are rising. Perhaps if others contact the Grand Jury on this issue they will reconsider.
Trending In: Opinion
- Details unclear after apparent crime at Truckee Bank of America
- ‘Ninja road stars’ piercing tires in South Lake Tahoe (photos)
- E. coli, coliform bacteria found in Squaw Valley drinking water at upper mountain
- Truckee Police Logs: Man walks into store, nabs jacket, sunglasses
- Truckee CHP: Man stowed 64 pounds of pot in car’s fuel cell