Letter to the Editor: It has been an honor to serve IVGID
Ryan Summerlin March 19, 2014
Governance is a verb. To be effectual and efficient, it cannot remain static. I would like to thank and praise the IVGID board and all levels of staff for their vision, teamwork, and innovation.
Collectively, we have moved the Village forward, creating a sustainable financial model while always looking for ways to improve how we deliver products and services.
We have kept the recreation fee flat for four years while still providing excellent customer service and the quality of life our residents expect.
Brad Wilson and his outstanding team have demonstrated how to make one of the worst snow seasons on record, truly great. Thank you.
Regrettably, for personal reasons, I am not running for a second term as trustee. It has been an honor, a privilege and a sincere pleasure to serve the people of Incline Village and Crystal Bay these past years.
Unfortunately, the district has been barnacled with financial and emotional parasites that have maliciously attempted to suck the money and joy out of our community rather than infusing it with viable ideas, solutions and courage.
This has to stop. I ask you, the community, to step up, stand up, join hands and let your voices be heard.
Trending In: Opinion
- Opinion: Kudos to Placer supes for positive Martis Valley West vote
- Opinion: Vote for Rick Stephens for Truckee Tahoe Airport District board
- Note from the editor: Sierra Sun-Bonanza election letters policy
- Mental Health Matters: Is alcohol the most dangerous drug in America? (opinion)
- Jim Porter: Are pliers considered burglar’s tools? (opinion)
- Motorcycle gang member fatally shot on I-80 near Truckee
- Nevada duo arrested in Truckee on theft, heroin possession charges
- Truckee football ices Elko Indians, 39-0; marks 3rd straight shutout
- Tensions still high over Lake Tahoe bear management on Nevada side
- North Tahoe crime logs: Two rings stolen from jewelry store, valued at $15,000