Letter to the Editor: IVGID beach entrances on July 4 a disgrace
July 14, 2014
What a mess! What an absolute mess the entry to Incline Beach was for the fireworks show on July 4. My family and I have been attending this lovely event for 14 years; this was by far the most disorganized, chaotic and frustrating experience ever.
It took us 45 minutes to get into the beach with our resident passes. The line was outrageously long and culminated by the front gate in a big crowd of people smashed together; there was no crowd control by law enforcement or IVGID staff whatsoever. People were cutting in line, pushing, yelling and swearing.
It appeared that only 2-3 people were checking passes for hundreds of people attempting to get in. Then, the fireworks started and tons of families were left still standing in line, unable to get into the beach in time. Kids actually started crying!
IVIGDs decision to check passes created more problems than I have ever noticed in the past. Numerous people in line were grumbling about what an awful experience it was. What a total disappointment.
Trending In: Opinion
- Opinion: We all should respect the office of the president
- Jim Porter: Noncompetition clauses illegal in California (opinion)
- Jim Clark: Would ‘Klan laws’ be same for black bloc protest? (opinion)
- Out of the Blue: Trump’s funny — cringe-worthy? — moments (opinion)
- IVGID GM’s Corner: We’re here to engage with you (opinion)
- It’s gonna be huge: Lake Tahoe ski resorts look to trump weather issues in time for busy Presidents Day weekend
- Lake Tahoe weather: Foot or more of snow possible Friday; then more rain
- Tahoe-Truckee storms: May take months to determine true cost of damage
- Bet your ‘glasses’ – first-of-its-kind wine bar debuts in Incline Village
- Lake Tahoe has seen 138.65 billion gallons of water since October