Letter to the Editor: Please attend community planning meeting
Ryan Summerlin January 23, 2014
To the community: Please mark your calendars and attend the upcoming Placer County Town Hall Community Plan meeting January 29 at the Kings Beach Event Center at 6 p.m.
The purpose of the Town Hall Meeting is seek public comment on the Tahoe Basin Community Plan Policy Framework document and to provide a report on the status of the Community Plan Update process to the North Lake Tahoe community.
We encourage your participation at the Town Hall Meeting and look forward to hearing from you regarding the work that Placer County has accomplished to date.
I attended all the Policy Framework Topical meetings and was disappointed in the participation levels. This is your opportunity to provide feedback and be part of your community’s future.
At this time, the county is soliciting feedback on the overarching goals and guiding policies contained in this Policy Framework and the policies that will be incorporated into the Public Review Draft Policy Document.
According to the county, the goals and policies contained in the document have been crafted with input from the community and respond to specific opportunities and challenges within the North Tahoe Basin.
Do check out the Placer County webpage and review all the links. You can find electronic copies of the Tahoe Basin Community Plan Policy Framework at: http://www.placer.ca.gov/departments/communitydevelopment/planning/tahoebasincpupdate
Comments received before February 1, 2014 will be considered in preparation of the Public Review Draft of the Policy Document. There will be additional opportunity to comment on policies after the publication of the Public Review Draft of the Tahoe Basin Community Plan Policy Document in Spring 2014.
Trending In: Opinion
- Opinion: Kudos to Placer supes for positive Martis Valley West vote
- Opinion: Vote for Rick Stephens for Truckee Tahoe Airport District board
- Note from the editor: Sierra Sun-Bonanza election letters policy
- Mental Health Matters: Is alcohol the most dangerous drug in America? (opinion)
- Jim Porter: Are pliers considered burglar’s tools? (opinion)
- Motorcycle gang member fatally shot on I-80 near Truckee
- Nevada duo arrested in Truckee on theft, heroin possession charges
- LIVE COVERAGE: Truckee football takes on Elko in undefeated showdown
- Tensions still high over Lake Tahoe bear management on Nevada side
- North Tahoe crime logs: Two rings stolen from jewelry store, valued at $15,000