Letter to the Editor: Please attend community planning meeting
January 23, 2014
To the community: Please mark your calendars and attend the upcoming Placer County Town Hall Community Plan meeting January 29 at the Kings Beach Event Center at 6 p.m.
The purpose of the Town Hall Meeting is seek public comment on the Tahoe Basin Community Plan Policy Framework document and to provide a report on the status of the Community Plan Update process to the North Lake Tahoe community.
We encourage your participation at the Town Hall Meeting and look forward to hearing from you regarding the work that Placer County has accomplished to date.
I attended all the Policy Framework Topical meetings and was disappointed in the participation levels. This is your opportunity to provide feedback and be part of your community’s future.
At this time, the county is soliciting feedback on the overarching goals and guiding policies contained in this Policy Framework and the policies that will be incorporated into the Public Review Draft Policy Document.
According to the county, the goals and policies contained in the document have been crafted with input from the community and respond to specific opportunities and challenges within the North Tahoe Basin.
Do check out the Placer County webpage and review all the links. You can find electronic copies of the Tahoe Basin Community Plan Policy Framework at: http://www.placer.ca.gov/departments/communitydevelopment/planning/tahoebasincpupdate
Comments received before February 1, 2014 will be considered in preparation of the Public Review Draft of the Policy Document. There will be additional opportunity to comment on policies after the publication of the Public Review Draft of the Tahoe Basin Community Plan Policy Document in Spring 2014.
Trending In: Opinion
- Opinion: keeping Squaw’s old stories — a ritual of remembrance, grief
- Jim Porter: Voting recommendations for November 8, part one (opinion)
- Opinion: Do not vote for Horan, Morris for IVGID Board
- Opinion: CATTPAC’s endorsements for Tahoe-Truckee races, measures
- Mental Health Matters: The great marijuana legalization debate (opinion)
- Pilot found dead in plane wreckage west of Lake Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe weather: 6 inches of snow reported at high elevations Monday
- Election 2016: Prop 64 would bring more than legal pot to California
- Beth Howard leaving Northstar; search for new GM underway
- Woman on vacation from Taiwan killed in Lake Tahoe wreck