Letter to the Editor: Proud of Incline’s graduates
June 23, 2014
Having lived in Incline Village for 20 years and reading the Bonanza regularly, I just realized how much I look forward to the annual valedictorian and salutatorian interviews every June.
Even on a day when I am pulling my hair because the IRS has lost 2 years of e-mails, and then to ensure that they are never recovered, take a sledgehammer to the hard drive while Lois Lerner keeps repeating that she can't say anything about them because, wait for it, "it might incriminate me" … I get to enjoy the Bonanza annual Incline High Graduate interviews.
I am always amazed at the Incline graduates' ability to articulate their dreams, goals and values at such an early age.
To think that our small town school can consistently turn out students of this caliber (not to forget our Washington-bound We The People team again this year) is very uplifting.
Our country's future is very much in these adolescents' hands, and such capable and inspirational hands they seem to be.
Year after year they relate their love of their fellow students, fellow teachers and our small town. Year after year they tell us about their majors and next level of academic study, always with such innocence and desire for more learning and wisdom.
A great segue into July 4th each year, and so utterly cleansing.
Trending In: Opinion
- Out of the Blue: How far will loyalty to ‘Prima Donald’ stretch? (opinion)
- Mental Health Matters: Why do we believe in fake news, false facts? (opinion)
- TRPA Opinion: We can’t solve Lake Tahoe’s transit issues overnight
- Simply Taxes column: Beware … appraisal required
- Opinion: Martis Valley West a terrible project for Lake Tahoe
- What’s the story behind Truckee’s West River Street cottages?
- Lake Tahoe weather: Foot of snow possible at high elevations Friday
- North Tahoe crime logs: Screwdriver-wielding man threatens retail shop staff
- Lake Tahoe weather: 10-20 inches of snow forecast by Wednesday up top
- Truckee Police Logs: 2 arrests in 2 days for meth possession