Letter to the Editor: Reply to McClintock’s opinion on health care
Ryan Summerlin November 27, 2013
Rep. Tom McClintock’s hyperbole about the collapse of the health care system is premature and unacceptable.
We are not losing health care, we are expanding it.
The so-called Republican “comprehensive alternative” represents nothing more than a hands off approach that caters to the 1 percent, insurance companies and the privileged while ignoring the need for affordable care for the majority of citizens.
It would represent a death knell for economic justice and any notion that as a people we are working for a more perfect union.
Also, the shutdown had nothing to do with Obamacare. It was a delaying tactic brought on by obstinate, partisan representatives like McClintock who refuse to work with the opposite party to govern.
The partisan deadlock should weigh heavily on McClintock’s shoulders. He is no profile in courage, as he is unwilling to solve the big issues facing the country.
Like a bully, he simply takes advantage and pounces when the opposition shows a weakness.
Trending In: Opinion
- Opinion: Kudos to Placer supes for positive Martis Valley West vote
- Note from the editor: Sierra Sun-Bonanza election letters policy
- Jim Porter: Are pliers considered burglar’s tools? (opinion)
- Mental Health Matters: Is alcohol the most dangerous drug in America? (opinion)
- Opinion: Vote for Rick Stephens for Truckee Tahoe Airport District board
- Nevada duo arrested in Truckee on theft, heroin possession charges
- Truckee football ices Elko Indians, 39-0; marks 3rd straight shutout
- North Tahoe crime logs: Two rings stolen from jewelry store, valued at $15,000
- Truckee, a sanctuary for runners, to host first-ever marathon this weekend
- North Tahoe PUD to work exclusively with Bay Area developer