Letter to the Editor: Reply to McClintock’s opinion on health care
November 27, 2013
Rep. Tom McClintock’s hyperbole about the collapse of the health care system is premature and unacceptable.
We are not losing health care, we are expanding it.
The so-called Republican “comprehensive alternative” represents nothing more than a hands off approach that caters to the 1 percent, insurance companies and the privileged while ignoring the need for affordable care for the majority of citizens.
It would represent a death knell for economic justice and any notion that as a people we are working for a more perfect union.
Also, the shutdown had nothing to do with Obamacare. It was a delaying tactic brought on by obstinate, partisan representatives like McClintock who refuse to work with the opposite party to govern.
The partisan deadlock should weigh heavily on McClintock’s shoulders. He is no profile in courage, as he is unwilling to solve the big issues facing the country.
Like a bully, he simply takes advantage and pounces when the opposition shows a weakness.
Trending In: Opinion
- Opinion: We all should respect the office of the president
- Jim Porter: Noncompetition clauses illegal in California (opinion)
- Jim Clark: Would ‘Klan laws’ be same for black bloc protest? (opinion)
- Out of the Blue: Trump’s funny — cringe-worthy? — moments (opinion)
- IVGID GM’s Corner: We’re here to engage with you (opinion)
- It’s gonna be huge: Lake Tahoe ski resorts look to trump weather issues in time for busy Presidents Day weekend
- Lake Tahoe weather: Foot or more of snow possible Friday; then more rain
- Tahoe-Truckee storms: May take months to determine true cost of damage
- Bet your ‘glasses’ – first-of-its-kind wine bar debuts in Incline Village
- Lake Tahoe has seen 138.65 billion gallons of water since October