Letter to the Editor: Reply to McClintock’s opinion on health care
November 27, 2013
Rep. Tom McClintock’s hyperbole about the collapse of the health care system is premature and unacceptable.
We are not losing health care, we are expanding it.
The so-called Republican “comprehensive alternative” represents nothing more than a hands off approach that caters to the 1 percent, insurance companies and the privileged while ignoring the need for affordable care for the majority of citizens.
It would represent a death knell for economic justice and any notion that as a people we are working for a more perfect union.
Also, the shutdown had nothing to do with Obamacare. It was a delaying tactic brought on by obstinate, partisan representatives like McClintock who refuse to work with the opposite party to govern.
The partisan deadlock should weigh heavily on McClintock’s shoulders. He is no profile in courage, as he is unwilling to solve the big issues facing the country.
Like a bully, he simply takes advantage and pounces when the opposition shows a weakness.
Trending In: Opinion
- Jennifer Montgomery: Vote ‘yes’ on Measure M (opinion)
- Opinion: The facts about Washoe school’s capital program, amid WC-1
- Out of the Blue: Is Hillary Clinton such a nasty woman? (opinion)
- Opinion: Squaw Valley village development will benefit our region
- TRPA Opinion: Working together on Lake Tahoe’s housing problems
- Truckee Police arrest 5 people in vehicle burglary, theft cases (updated)
- Squaw development: Little progress made on Attorney General’s concerns
- Lake Tahoe weather: More rain in forecast after recent 11 billion-gallon dump
- North Tahoe Mellow Fellow closes after property’s foreclosure
- Lake Tahoe resort to open ski-in, ski-out coworking space