Letter to the Editor: Taking fire prevention seriously
March 26, 2014
We attended the Wildfire Protection Plan luncheon/meeting held by our Fire Protection District this past Sunday. I have many kudos for the setting and organization of this critical community event.
However, many residents commented that they expect more government agency cooperation in the notification process, planning and actual support regarding the fire alerts and fire event assistance.
I might opine that those folks asking for inter-agency cooperation might be expecting too much. Inter-agency cooperation and assistance is a favorite oxymoron.
All full-time and part-time residents of Incline must take this fire threat seriously. We must do our individual planning and preparation; our fire district can give guidance and ideas.
Counting on government to hold our hand may be asking for trouble.
Trending In: Opinion
- North Tahoe crime logs: ‘Slobbering’ man dislocates cop’s shoulder
- Poo problems: Tahoe Donner resident proposes solution for dog waste
- Beth Howard leaving Northstar; search for new GM underway
- Jim Porter: Voting recommendations for November 8, part one (opinion)
- Hungry like the Wolf: Renowned Tahoe chef pens book on history of Wolfdale’s restaurant, life in kitchens