Letter to the Editor: Thankful for night work in Glenshire
July 25, 2013
To everyone involved in the roadwork on Glenshire Drive — a huge thank you. The inconvenience and frustration of having the roadwork done in the daytime has been removed due to the sacrifice the workers are making for us by working at night.
I do not know a single worker on this job but I can imagine the stress it could put on a family by suddenly having your work shift change completely. All this is done for us, the Glenshire residents, so we can travel as we are accustomed to.
Sure there must be other reasons but the end result is … we are not living with long delays or daytime road closures. Kudos to the employees, families and town for the organization of this project. Now if we could just get people to stop tailgating as we slow down for the steel plates.
Trending In: Opinion
- Jim Porter: Noncompetition clauses illegal in California (opinion)
- Opinion: We all should respect the office of the president
- Jim Clark: Would ‘Klan laws’ be same for black bloc protest? (opinion)
- Opinion: Placer County can learn affordable housing lesson from Truckee
- My View: It is expensive to live here at Truckee-North Tahoe (opinion)
- Lake Tahoe weather: Snow, rain, avalanches, mudslides and more possible this week
- Lake Tahoe weather: Foot or more of snow possible Friday; then more rain
- Tahoe-Truckee storms: May take months to determine true cost of damage
- It’s gonna be huge: Lake Tahoe ski resorts look to trump weather issues in time for busy Presidents Day weekend
- Official: Fixing Tahoe transit key to limiting tension between locals, tourists