Letter to the Editor: Thankful for night work in Glenshire
Ryan Summerlin July 25, 2013
To everyone involved in the roadwork on Glenshire Drive — a huge thank you. The inconvenience and frustration of having the roadwork done in the daytime has been removed due to the sacrifice the workers are making for us by working at night.
I do not know a single worker on this job but I can imagine the stress it could put on a family by suddenly having your work shift change completely. All this is done for us, the Glenshire residents, so we can travel as we are accustomed to.
Sure there must be other reasons but the end result is … we are not living with long delays or daytime road closures. Kudos to the employees, families and town for the organization of this project. Now if we could just get people to stop tailgating as we slow down for the steel plates.
Trending In: Opinion
- Opinion: Kudos to Placer supes for positive Martis Valley West vote
- Note from the editor: Sierra Sun-Bonanza election letters policy
- Jim Porter: Are pliers considered burglar’s tools? (opinion)
- Mental Health Matters: Is alcohol the most dangerous drug in America? (opinion)
- Opinion: Vote for Rick Stephens for Truckee Tahoe Airport District board
- Nevada duo arrested in Truckee on theft, heroin possession charges
- Truckee football ices Elko Indians, 39-0; marks 3rd straight shutout
- North Tahoe crime logs: Two rings stolen from jewelry store, valued at $15,000
- Truckee, a sanctuary for runners, to host first-ever marathon this weekend
- North Tahoe PUD to work exclusively with Bay Area developer