Letter to the Editor: Thankful for night work in Glenshire
July 25, 2013
To everyone involved in the roadwork on Glenshire Drive — a huge thank you. The inconvenience and frustration of having the roadwork done in the daytime has been removed due to the sacrifice the workers are making for us by working at night.
I do not know a single worker on this job but I can imagine the stress it could put on a family by suddenly having your work shift change completely. All this is done for us, the Glenshire residents, so we can travel as we are accustomed to.
Sure there must be other reasons but the end result is … we are not living with long delays or daytime road closures. Kudos to the employees, families and town for the organization of this project. Now if we could just get people to stop tailgating as we slow down for the steel plates.
Trending In: Opinion
- Jennifer Montgomery: Vote ‘yes’ on Measure M (opinion)
- Out of the Blue: Is Hillary Clinton such a nasty woman? (opinion)
- Opinion: The facts about Washoe school’s capital program, amid WC-1
- Opinion: Vote against legalizing recreational marijuana in Nevada
- Opinion: Squaw Valley village development will benefit our region
- Truckee Police arrest 5 people in vehicle burglary, theft cases (updated)
- North Tahoe Mellow Fellow closes after property’s foreclosure
- Squaw development: Little progress made on Attorney General’s concerns
- Lake Tahoe resort to open ski-in, ski-out coworking space
- Lake Tahoe weather: More rain in forecast after recent 11 billion-gallon dump