Letter to the Editor: Thankful for night work in Glenshire
July 25, 2013
To everyone involved in the roadwork on Glenshire Drive — a huge thank you. The inconvenience and frustration of having the roadwork done in the daytime has been removed due to the sacrifice the workers are making for us by working at night.
I do not know a single worker on this job but I can imagine the stress it could put on a family by suddenly having your work shift change completely. All this is done for us, the Glenshire residents, so we can travel as we are accustomed to.
Sure there must be other reasons but the end result is … we are not living with long delays or daytime road closures. Kudos to the employees, families and town for the organization of this project. Now if we could just get people to stop tailgating as we slow down for the steel plates.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Opinion
- Truckee police: Man allegedly drugged victim, raped her
- Impending storm prompts closure of Sierra passes
- First snowfall of autumn in Truckee; Squaw Valley receives 3 inches (time lapse cam)
- Business struggles to hire young people for skilled-worker jobs
- Fernley’s game-winning touchdown drive upends Truckee comeback