Letter to the Editor: Thanks for eighth-grade promotion
Ryan Summerlin June 26, 2013
School is out and summer vacation has begun for local Incline students.
After their promotion ceremony to celebrate moving on to the high school, the IMS eighth-graders were treated to a promotion celebration at Aspen Grove on Wednesday, June 12. The IMS Jr. Boosters would like to thank the people and businesses that helped make the event a huge success.
Thank you to the many parents and families that donated food, raffle items, monetary contributions, and time to decorate and chaperone. Thanks especially to the Cheney family, the Eikam/Nix family, the Kennedy family, the Wells family, and the Hunter/Johnson family — their contributions definitely made this event possible.
We owe a huge debt of gratitude to IVGID and Kari Ferguson for helping us put this event on. Kari’s assistance was invaluable to us throughout the planning process.
Thank you to Incline Chevron, Tunnel Creek Station and Mofo’s for allowing us to hold fundraising events at their establishments.
Thank you to the Hyatt Lake Tahoe for letting us borrow table linens, and to the Lake Tahoe School for letting us borrow their set of black lights. Thank you to Tommy Thompson for donating his time to be our DJ for the evening.
Thank you to our raffle donors: Karen’s Playschool, Susie’s Scoops, Bowl Incline, Jeana Rehberger, IV Coffee Lab, T’s Rotisserie, Hollywood Movie Money, the Taylor family, the Olson family and the Thompson family. Thanks to their generosity we were able to give a raffle prize to every student that attended.
And finally, thank you to the Promotion Celebration committee that planned this event for several months – Liz Olson, Kristina Osborne, Sheri Stapleton, and Kelley Thompson.
IMS Jr. Boosters President
Trending In: Opinion
- Opinion: Kudos to Placer supes for positive Martis Valley West vote
- Note from the editor: Sierra Sun-Bonanza election letters policy
- Jim Porter: Are pliers considered burglar’s tools? (opinion)
- Mental Health Matters: Is alcohol the most dangerous drug in America? (opinion)
- Opinion: Vote for Rick Stephens for Truckee Tahoe Airport District board
- Nevada duo arrested in Truckee on theft, heroin possession charges
- Truckee football ices Elko Indians, 39-0; marks 3rd straight shutout
- North Tahoe crime logs: Two rings stolen from jewelry store, valued at $15,000
- Truckee, a sanctuary for runners, to host first-ever marathon this weekend
- North Tahoe PUD to work exclusively with Bay Area developer