Letter to the Editor: The kids lose with new parade rules
Ryan Summerlin July 17, 2013
Renegade Fire Department would like to say thanks and good-bye to all the kids and parents who shared in all the fun we had over the last 20 years.
My family and friends, and the hundreds of kids who rode on the truck, really enjoyed the parade — it was part of our life. We loved to hand out water balloons and candy to the kids, spray water in the sky and have fun with the crowd.
However, officials in Truckee have deemed all these activities illegal and have ordered us to stop. Sorry, kids and fun lovers — no water balloons, no candy, no spraying in the air, no crowd participation, no fun allowed. The politically correct have destroyed another American tradition.
So, a big thank-you to all the town officials, our new police chief, the chamber of commerce, and all of you who played a part in getting rid of Renegade Fire Dept. You win — the kids lose.
Aren’t you proud?
Trending In: Opinion
- Opinion: Kudos to Placer supes for positive Martis Valley West vote
- Opinion: Vote for Rick Stephens for Truckee Tahoe Airport District board
- Note from the editor: Sierra Sun-Bonanza election letters policy
- Jim Porter: Are pliers considered burglar’s tools? (opinion)
- Mental Health Matters: Is alcohol the most dangerous drug in America? (opinion)
- Motorcycle gang member fatally shot on I-80 near Truckee
- Nevada duo arrested in Truckee on theft, heroin possession charges
- Tensions still high over Lake Tahoe bear management on Nevada side
- LIVE COVERAGE: Truckee football takes on Elko in undefeated showdown
- North Tahoe crime logs: Two rings stolen from jewelry store, valued at $15,000