Letter to the Editor: To the North Tahoe Fire Protection District
Ryan Summerlin September 26, 2013
Residents and homeowners in Talmont and Twin Peaks sincerely appreciate the rapid response to a residential fire on Green Glen Ct on Tuesday, Sept. 17, 2013.
The mid-day fire, during a period of very gusty wind and dry conditions, could have led to a more tragic event if other houses and the forest lands had become involved.
The community would like to thank the firemen and women who quickly extinguished the flames and secured the area. We would also the to thank the first responder, a Placer County Sheriff’s deputy, who together with neighbors fought the flames with garden hoses, for the few minutes before help arrived, and to Calfire and the US Forest Service that sent engines and crews to canvass the surrounding forest lands searching for any wind blown embers. Thank you all so much.
Howard J. Perry
Talmont Resort Improvement District
Trending In: Opinion
- Opinion: Kudos to Placer supes for positive Martis Valley West vote
- Opinion: Placer County shows lack of commitment to Lake Tahoe
- Opinion: Vote for Rick Stephens for Truckee Tahoe Airport District board
- Opinion: Martis Valley West a terrible project for Lake Tahoe
- Note from the editor: Sierra Sun-Bonanza election letters policy
- Motorcycle gang member fatally shot on I-80 near Truckee
- Nevada duo arrested in Truckee on theft, heroin possession charges
- Tensions still high over Lake Tahoe bear management on Nevada side
- LIVE COVERAGE: Truckee football takes on Elko in undefeated showdown
- North Tahoe crime logs: Two rings stolen from jewelry store, valued at $15,000