Letter to the Editor: To the North Tahoe Fire Protection District
September 26, 2013
Residents and homeowners in Talmont and Twin Peaks sincerely appreciate the rapid response to a residential fire on Green Glen Ct on Tuesday, Sept. 17, 2013.
The mid-day fire, during a period of very gusty wind and dry conditions, could have led to a more tragic event if other houses and the forest lands had become involved.
The community would like to thank the firemen and women who quickly extinguished the flames and secured the area. We would also the to thank the first responder, a Placer County Sheriff's deputy, who together with neighbors fought the flames with garden hoses, for the few minutes before help arrived, and to Calfire and the US Forest Service that sent engines and crews to canvass the surrounding forest lands searching for any wind blown embers. Thank you all so much.
Howard J. Perry
Talmont Resort Improvement District
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Opinion
- Update: Multiple fires burning in Nevada County; 821-acre Lobo Fire is 93 percent contained (video)
- Table Fire at 420 acres in Eldorado National Forest
- Truckee takes 26-14 win over Spring Creek
- Dennis Hof says Bunny Ranch looking into sex-bots
- Arapahoe Basin once again country’s first ski area to open, marking start of 2017-2018 season