Letter to the Editor: To the North Tahoe Fire Protection District
September 26, 2013
Residents and homeowners in Talmont and Twin Peaks sincerely appreciate the rapid response to a residential fire on Green Glen Ct on Tuesday, Sept. 17, 2013.
The mid-day fire, during a period of very gusty wind and dry conditions, could have led to a more tragic event if other houses and the forest lands had become involved.
The community would like to thank the firemen and women who quickly extinguished the flames and secured the area. We would also the to thank the first responder, a Placer County Sheriff’s deputy, who together with neighbors fought the flames with garden hoses, for the few minutes before help arrived, and to Calfire and the US Forest Service that sent engines and crews to canvass the surrounding forest lands searching for any wind blown embers. Thank you all so much.
Howard J. Perry
Talmont Resort Improvement District
Trending In: Opinion
- Jennifer Montgomery: Vote ‘yes’ on Measure M (opinion)
- Opinion: The facts about Washoe school’s capital program, amid WC-1
- Out of the Blue: Is Hillary Clinton such a nasty woman? (opinion)
- Opinion: Squaw Valley village development will benefit our region
- Opinion: Vote against legalizing recreational marijuana in Nevada
- Truckee Police arrest 5 people in vehicle burglary, theft cases (updated)
- North Tahoe Mellow Fellow closes after property’s foreclosure
- Squaw development: Little progress made on Attorney General’s concerns
- Lake Tahoe weather: More rain in forecast after recent 11 billion-gallon dump
- Lake Tahoe resort to open ski-in, ski-out coworking space