Letter to the Editor: To the North Tahoe Fire Protection District
September 26, 2013
Residents and homeowners in Talmont and Twin Peaks sincerely appreciate the rapid response to a residential fire on Green Glen Ct on Tuesday, Sept. 17, 2013.
The mid-day fire, during a period of very gusty wind and dry conditions, could have led to a more tragic event if other houses and the forest lands had become involved.
The community would like to thank the firemen and women who quickly extinguished the flames and secured the area. We would also the to thank the first responder, a Placer County Sheriff's deputy, who together with neighbors fought the flames with garden hoses, for the few minutes before help arrived, and to Calfire and the US Forest Service that sent engines and crews to canvass the surrounding forest lands searching for any wind blown embers. Thank you all so much.
Howard J. Perry
Talmont Resort Improvement District
Trending In: Opinion
- Will big winter impact water temperature for swimmers in Lake Tahoe?
- The Made in Tahoe Festival will be hosted at Squaw Valley on May 27-28, and celebrates all things Tahoe
- Locals’ guide to Memorial Day in Tahoe: A light-hearted take on escaping the hustle and bustle
- Truckee’s craft beer scene exploded way back in 1876 with opening of the massive Boca Brewery
- Nesting bald eagles cause temporary campground closure in Eldorado National Forest