Letter to the Editor: Voting is a responsibility
March 26, 2014
Kevin MacMillan’s March 20 opinion column, “Why I exercise my right not to vote,”was upsetting. He prided himself as never having voted on anything in the past 12 years.
He said “…I don’t vote I because I simply do not like politics.” Who does really likes politics? I don’t trust most politicians either, but I try to do the right thing by voting for the politicians who claim to represent the positions I agree with.
I see voting as a responsibility, not something one can duck claiming journalism ethics by stating “A reporter or editor must be objective. Straight up.” I agree, but what does that have to do with a journalist’s privacy in the voting booth?
Trending In: Opinion
- Details unclear after apparent crime at Truckee Bank of America
- ‘Ninja road stars’ piercing tires in South Lake Tahoe (photos)
- E. coli, coliform bacteria found in Squaw Valley drinking water at upper mountain
- Truckee Police Logs: Man walks into store, nabs jacket, sunglasses
- Truckee CHP: Man stowed 64 pounds of pot in car’s fuel cell