Letter to the Editor: Why is Lake Forest beach being torn up?
September 2, 2014
Rumor has it that the beach is being restored. To what?
Some recently departed members of the Tahoe City community saw fairly large amounts of arrowheads on this stretch of beach/meadow that is being restored.
I guess they may have been lying, but there was nothing to be gained or lost by their stories. I correct myself — something may be gained.
I'm curious. Is the beach being restored to a time before humans showed up,let's say 6,000 to 10,000 years ago, and, how many prehistoric artifacts are being disturbed by this project?
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Opinion
- Wildfire risk a concern in Tahoe Truckee
- Tahoe City company brings gourmet dining to the wilderness
- Incline Flume Trail received $130K grant for improvements, and is now open to the public
- Skyrunners take on high-altitude terrain at Squaw Valley
- Parasol’s building proposal gets no quick answer in Incline Village