Letter to the Editor: Why is Lake Forest beach being torn up?
September 2, 2014
Rumor has it that the beach is being restored. To what?
Some recently departed members of the Tahoe City community saw fairly large amounts of arrowheads on this stretch of beach/meadow that is being restored.
I guess they may have been lying, but there was nothing to be gained or lost by their stories. I correct myself — something may be gained.
I'm curious. Is the beach being restored to a time before humans showed up,let's say 6,000 to 10,000 years ago, and, how many prehistoric artifacts are being disturbed by this project?
Trending In: Opinion
- TRPA Opinion: We can’t solve Lake Tahoe’s transit issues overnight
- Opinion: CA Sen. Ted Gaines fails as a leader, blames others instead
- Sen. Ted Gaines opinion: Sanctuary state a bad idea for California
- Truckee Police Logs: Man drives down train tracks, arrested for DUI
- Jim Porter: Feel comfortable helping someone as a ‘Good Samaritan’ (opinion)
- What’s the story behind Truckee’s West River Street cottages?
- Lake Tahoe weather: 10-20 inches of snow forecast by Wednesday up top
- After 15 years of missed reviews, Truckee assessing Martis Valley Quarry
- Truckee ski-snowboard company launches Kickstarter campaign to expand
- Suicide prevention at Tahoe: Eating healthy key to positive mental health