North Tahoe Arts presents nature’s colors in fiber and glass
August 1, 2012
TAHOE CITY, Calif. – Sister artists Catherine and Linda Strand have dreamed about doing a Gallery show together since the 2007 Holiday Arts Show at Denver Botanic Gardens where they took their first step toward public exposure of their art. This dream comes true in August at North Tahoe Arts in Tahoe City with a collaborative exhibit “Nature’s Colors in Fiber and Glass”.
Catherine is a fused glass artist and owner of GlasRat Art Glass in Kings Beach. Many Tahoe and Bay Area residents know Catherine for her glass birdbaths. She is excited to present a very special birdbath for the exhibit, featuring a custom stand designed by local metal smith Bernie LaForest, as well as her innovative designs for glass bowls, plates, panels, and sculpture. “It’s all been a grand experiment!” said Catherine.
Linda is a fiber artist and owner of Vortex Arts in Aurora, Colo. She creates unique and intricate wall hangings that celebrate the natural world. Linda has developed techniques that integrate another passion, photography, with her passion for fiber art. Subject matter for the exhibit ranges from the Botanic Gardens to African animal faces to community supported agriculture.
Catherine’s fused glass and Linda’s fiber-based wall hangings, are distinctive yet complementary media celebrating color and design with nature themes. For example, a fused glass pumpkin by Catherine is paired with one of Linda’s wall hangings depicting a plentiful harvest from a local farm.
Please take time from your busy summer schedule to enjoy this one-of-a-kind art exhibit! The combinations of fabric and glass art pieces will delight you with diverse yet complementary textures, colors, and designs … a must see at 380 North Lake Blvd., Tahoe City. Call 530-581-2787 or visit http://www.northtahoearts.com.
About North Tahoe Arts
North Tahoe Arts (NTA) is a nonprofit organization that has been promoting and supporting the arts in the Truckee-Tahoe communities for 24 years. NTA’s mission is to support the arts in the region through exposure, education, and participation. NTA accomplishes its mission by supporting the North Tahoe Arts Center in Tahoe City which includes the ARTisan Shop, the Main Gallery, the Corison Loft Gallery and a variety of community based visual arts programs. Programs include ARTour, Kids Art Camp, North Tahoe Plein Air, ART in Public Places, Senior Art and Kids Art Saturdays.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Opinion
- Opinion: Lake Tahoe Shoreline Plan coming together — more work to do
- Opinion: Moving forward with progressive change in Lake Tahoe region
- Pine Nuts: Airbnb welcomes Animal House to the neighborhood
- My View: It is expensive to live here at Truckee-North Tahoe (opinion)
- Out of the Blue: Russia issue not going away
- Jumping into Lake Tahoe this weekend? Read this first
- Man convicted by Truckee jury of making lewd acts toward a child, seeks new trial
- Former Truckee Police officer pleads not guilty in excessive force case
- Where to find the best local brews amid Lake Tahoe’s growing craft beer scene
- Preacher Fire grows to 7,651 acres in Pine Nut Mountains