Obituary: Eve K. Sorter
November 13, 2013
October 26, 1928 – October 25, 2013
Eve left us peacefully in her home in Carson City to be with the Lord on Friday morning October 25, 2013. She was dearly loved by everyone. Her joy will be with us forever.
Eve was born to Ernest and Amanda Johnson on October 26, 1928, in Marinette Wisconsin. She was preceded in death by her parents, three sisters, and husbands Joel Lingensjo and Mike Sorter.
Eve is survived by her son, Dave Lingensjo of Kings Beach California, her sister and brother-in-law Mary and Bill Krah, of Menominee, Michigan, and brother-in-law Clif Dotseth of Palatine Illinois. She is also survived by numerous nieces and nephews.
A celebration of life will be held at St. Paul’s Lutheran Family Church, 1201 North Saliman Road, Carson City, Nevada on Tuesday, November 19, 2013 at 1:00 P.M.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be given to St. Paul’s Lutheran Church in memory of Eve Sorter. Arrangements are being made through Fitzhenry’s Funeral Home of Carson City.
Trending In: Opinion
- Opinion: The facts about Washoe school’s capital program, amid WC-1
- TRPA Opinion: Working together on Lake Tahoe’s housing problems
- Jim Porter: Voting recommendations for November 8, part one (opinion)
- Jennifer Montgomery: Vote ‘yes’ on Measure M (opinion)
- Out of the Blue: Catherine Cortez Masto for Senate (opinion)
- Truckee Police arrest 5 people (4 locals) in vehicle burglary, theft cases
- Lake Tahoe weather: More rain in forecast after recent 11 billion-gallon dump
- Tahoe hiking: 6 must-see spots to enjoy autumn colors around the lake
- Beth Howard leaving Northstar; search for new GM underway
- Hungry like the Wolf: Renowned Tahoe chef pens book on history of Wolfdale’s restaurant, life in kitchens