Opinion: Donald Trump and his tyranny are hurting America
February 7, 2017
If anyone is still waiting for proof positive that President Donald Trump has become a tyrant, the wait is now over. On Saturday, February 4, he tweeted the following message after a US Federal judge issued a temporary halt to Trump’s ban on travelers coming to the US from seven predominantly Moslem countries:
“The opinion of this so-called judge, which essentially takes law-enforcement away from our country, is ridiculous and will be overturned!”
When a US President rejects the authority of the Judicial branch of government and disrespects the federal judge who issued the ruling, we can clearly see that the country is being ruled by a tyrant.
Donald Trump is exactly the kind of President the Founding Fathers worked so hard to prevent from ever taking office. The remedy they provided in case such a tyrant does become President is Impeachment.
The sooner Donald Trump is removed from office, the sooner the United States can begin restoring democracy and the rule of law.
Stories You May Be Interested In
Trending In: Opinion
- Jim Porter: Noncompetition clauses illegal in California (opinion)
- Opinion: We all should respect the office of the president
- Jim Clark: Would ‘Klan laws’ be same for black bloc protest? (opinion)
- Out of the Blue: Trump’s funny — cringe-worthy? — moments (opinion)
- Opinion: Will Neil Gorsuch be next Supreme Court justice?
- Lake Tahoe weather: Foot or more of snow possible Friday; then more rain
- It’s gonna be huge: Lake Tahoe ski resorts look to trump weather issues in time for busy Presidents Day weekend
- Tahoe-Truckee storms: May take months to determine true cost of damage
- Bet your ‘glasses’ – first-of-its-kind wine bar debuts in Incline Village
- Lake Tahoe has seen 138.65 billion gallons of water since October