Opinion: Vote for Dent, Morris, Horan for IVGID Board
October 19, 2016
With all the turmoil in politics today, we need strong leadership. As a 37-year resident and ex-IVGID board member, I am casting my vote for Phil Horan, Peter Morris and Mathew Dent.
They have the experience and temperament to weigh the issues and achieve the best results for our community. They have not bashed employees, staff or management. They have not recklessly sued the district. They work well with one another, leaving their egos checked at the door.
Leadership is collecting all the information available, putting everything on the table, making the tough decisions and moving on. The things that some people complain are not being done — parking, the rec fee, beach overcrowding, etc. — have been looked at extensively.
Solutions have been discussed, with the understanding that nothing is set in stone. They have implemented shuttle service, picture pass priorities, trash policies and ordinances that work today and hopefully in the future.
Please consider their compassion, understanding, tolerance and what compromise can do to build consensus so we can move forward united as a community. Cast your vote for Phil Horan, Mathew Dent, and Peter Morris.
Trending In: Opinion
- TRPA Opinion: We can’t solve Lake Tahoe’s transit issues overnight
- Opinion: CA Sen. Ted Gaines fails as a leader, blames others instead
- Sen. Ted Gaines opinion: Sanctuary state a bad idea for California
- Truckee Police Logs: Man drives down train tracks, arrested for DUI
- Jim Porter: Feel comfortable helping someone as a ‘Good Samaritan’ (opinion)
- What’s the story behind Truckee’s West River Street cottages?
- Lake Tahoe weather: 10-20 inches of snow forecast by Wednesday up top
- After 15 years of missed reviews, Truckee assessing Martis Valley Quarry
- Truckee ski-snowboard company launches Kickstarter campaign to expand
- $180,000 raised at Truckee-Tahoe humane society event at The Ritz