Opinion: Vote for Rick Stephens for Truckee airport board
October 18, 2016
The Truckee Tahoe Airport district is a critical partner in our region. Did you know that the District receives $5 million annually from our property taxes?
Did you know that the District invests in local initiatives? Some examples include the Ponderosa Golf Course, the purchase of Waddle Ranch, a new fire truck for the Truckee Fire Department, assistance in closing the gap on the Truckee pool project, and contributions to a heli-pad at the Tahoe City Golf Course.
We need experienced, critical thinkers like Rick Stephens as District Board members. We need leaders with proven skills to invest our tax dollars wisely and to reflect the wishes of local constituents in how those investments are made.
We need leaders who are able to work with our diverse community and who will put in the time and energy need to make the District an even better community partner. Rick is not a pilot, but he'll balance the needs of the pilots with the needs of our community.
We believe Rick Stephens is just the leader we need. He's running because he believes the airport has the capability and obligation to reduce noise and annoyance, operate the airport safely and efficiently, and be part of regional affordable housing solutions and give back to all of the surrounding communities whose property taxes contribute to the Airport District.
Rick has been engaged in our community for many years now working with the Truckee Tahoe Community Foundation, as a Truckee River Day volunteer, and having served on the Community Advisory Committee on Property Tax for the Truckee Fire District.
Rick Stephens is the leader we need for the Truckee Tahoe Airport District. Please give him your vote either by mail, or at the polls on November 8.
Patty Lomanto and Bob Bell
Trending In: Opinion
- TRPA Opinion: We can’t solve Lake Tahoe’s transit issues overnight
- Opinion: CA Sen. Ted Gaines fails as a leader, blames others instead
- Sen. Ted Gaines opinion: Sanctuary state a bad idea for California
- Truckee Police Logs: Man drives down train tracks, arrested for DUI
- Jim Porter: Feel comfortable helping someone as a ‘Good Samaritan’ (opinion)
- What’s the story behind Truckee’s West River Street cottages?
- Lake Tahoe weather: 10-20 inches of snow forecast by Wednesday up top
- After 15 years of missed reviews, Truckee assessing Martis Valley Quarry
- Truckee ski-snowboard company launches Kickstarter campaign to expand
- $180,000 raised at Truckee-Tahoe humane society event at The Ritz