Opinion: Vote for Rick Stephens for Truckee airport board
October 18, 2016
Having had the opportunity to work alongside Rick Stephens when he served as volunteer project manager for Community House in Kings Beach, I am confident he is the right candidate to represent our community on the Truckee Tahoe Airport Board. While overseeing that community project, Rick demonstrated excellent leadership, solid decision-making, and the ability to get things done.
His vast experience as a business owner will add tremendous value to the Airport Board as he is someone who understands the value of the Airport District being both operationally and fiscally responsible, while simultaneously looking out for the interests of the community at large.
Rick has shown strong commitment to our community through his involvement with Community House, his active participation in Truckee River Watershed Council events, and regular attendance and participation in community meetings.
I believe he will be a great leader for our Airport District, and that he will stand up for residents of the entire region. I hope you will join me in voting to elect Rick Stephens for Truckee Tahoe Airport Board on November 8.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Opinion
- Reno man killed in head-on crash northeast of Truckee on Interstate 80
- Truckee couple to host fundraiser on Oct. 17 for Northern California fire victims
- Arapahoe Basin once again country’s first ski area to open, marking start of 2017-2018 season
- Table Fire at 420 acres in Eldorado National Forest
- Update: Multiple fires burning in Nevada County; 821-acre Lobo Fire is 93 percent contained (video)