Opinion: Vote for Teresa O’Dette for Truckee airport board
October 18, 2016
Teresa O'Dette has the experience and expertise to represent us on the Truckee Tahoe Airport District Board of Directors. I've known Teresa O'Dette as a thoughtful, collaborative problem solver during her public service as a Director on the North Tahoe Fire District.
She worked with firefighters and management in successful labor negotiations. She put in the time and energy, working with both sides to reach an equitable contract for the District. She was a leader when the District went out to the voters for more funds, she put those funds to their highest use.
She excelled at reading, understanding and contributing to District budget development. She knows budgets, I've seen her critical thinking and I know she'll ask the right questions, bring in the best advisers, consider the options and make good decisions.
I trust her values and her priorities will consider the needs of the community first. She's an independent thinker and she's the person we need; it's time to elect Teresa O'Dette.
She'll represent the whole District, but it will be good to know she'll look out for the interests of the Lakeside taxpayers, she's done that for us, we can use that keen insight again. I'm supporting Teresa O'Dette for the Airport Board of Directors. I hope you will too.
Theresa May Duggan
Trending In: Opinion
- TRPA Opinion: We can’t solve Lake Tahoe’s transit issues overnight
- Opinion: CA Sen. Ted Gaines fails as a leader, blames others instead
- Sen. Ted Gaines opinion: Sanctuary state a bad idea for California
- Truckee Police Logs: Man drives down train tracks, arrested for DUI
- Jim Porter: Feel comfortable helping someone as a ‘Good Samaritan’ (opinion)
- What’s the story behind Truckee’s West River Street cottages?
- Lake Tahoe weather: 10-20 inches of snow forecast by Wednesday up top
- After 15 years of missed reviews, Truckee assessing Martis Valley Quarry
- Truckee ski-snowboard company launches Kickstarter campaign to expand
- $180,000 raised at Truckee-Tahoe humane society event at The Ritz