Opinion: Vote for Wallace, Terry, Stephens for airport board
October 18, 2016
Thank you to the voters for giving me the opportunity to serve as a Director on the Truckee Tahoe Airport Board for the past 12 years. Although I am not running for re-election, I am helping to campaign for Lisa Wallace and Andrew Terry. I also support Rick Stephens’ candidacy.
I have worked with Lisa on the Airport Board for the past 4 years and I have seen Andrew participate as a member of the Airport Advisory Team for over 7 years while he also regularly attended board meetings for 12 years.
They are non-pilots who are leaders in our communities, working on projects related to Watershed Protection to Trails to the Community House in Kings Beach. They are involved, they listen, they offer good insights to issues, they work for solutions, and they are willing to be seen and take a stand. These are important attributes that will serve ALL of us.
These candidates are informed on the many issues facing the airport and they care about the future of our regional communities. I am asking you to join me in voting for them as I believe they will continue to provide needed balance on the Board.
Truckee Tahoe Airport District Director
Trending In: Opinion
- Details unclear after apparent crime at Truckee Bank of America
- ‘Ninja road stars’ piercing tires in South Lake Tahoe (photos)
- Reno real estate: A look back, and a look ahead at the housing market
- Truckee Police Logs: Man walks into store, nabs jacket, sunglasses
- E. coli, coliform bacteria found in Squaw Valley drinking water at upper mountain