Truckee Police Logs: Man drives down train tracks, arrested for DUI
March 17, 2017
TRUCKEE, Calif. — Below are select incidents from the Truckee Police Department's press log for Feb. 24 to March 6.
The press log is published online by the TPD; in cases where no location is reported, it's due to none being provided by the department, per the logs online.
People arrested are considered innocent until proven guilty in court.
Visit http://www.townoftruckee.com/government/police/press-log to read the full press log for case numbers and other information.
8:05 pm: Juvenile was stopped for vehicle code violations and was cited for marijuana possession.
6:41 pm, Donner Pass Road: A physical altercation occurred between 2 people.
12:43 am, Donner Pass Road: A driver was arrested for DUI.
5:21 pm, Donner Pass Road: Officers took a report for a stolen vehicle.
11:18 pm: Traffic stop resulted in the driver being arrested for DUI.
1:42 pm, Donner Pass Road: Officers were dispatched to a report of a male who had broken two bottles on a sidewalk and appeared intoxicated.
1:34 am, Nicolas Drive: Following a welfare check on a reportedly suicidal subject, it was determined the subject did not meet the criteria.
6:20 am, Rocky Lane: Vehicle blocking snow removal was set to be towed; however, owner arrived and was cited before moving the car.
9:40 am, Donner Pass Road: A juvenile was arrested for possession of "illegal items" on school campus.
2:34 pm: Officers took a report from a resident whose credit card was illegally used in Rancho Cordova, Calif.
3:26 pm, Truckee Airport Road: Officers took a report of a road rage incident possibly involving an off-duty police officer.
8:25 pm, Bridge Street: A male drove onto the railroad tracks and got his vehicle stuck. He was arrested for DUI; minor damage to the tracks was reported.
Stories You May Be Interested In
Trending In: Opinion
- Out of the Blue: How far will loyalty to ‘Prima Donald’ stretch? (opinion)
- Mental Health Matters: Why do we believe in fake news, false facts? (opinion)
- Simply Taxes column: Beware … appraisal required
- TRPA Opinion: We can’t solve Lake Tahoe’s transit issues overnight
- Opinion: CA Sen. Ted Gaines fails as a leader, blames others instead
- What’s the story behind Truckee’s West River Street cottages?
- Lake Tahoe weather: Foot of snow possible at high elevations Friday
- North Tahoe crime logs: Screwdriver-wielding man threatens retail shop staff
- Truckee Police Logs: 2 arrests in 2 days for meth possession
- Lake Tahoe weather: 10-20 inches of snow forecast by Wednesday up top