117 take on Run to Squaw race
July 4, 2013
Chris Badolato, 36, and Lauren Tomory, 26, both of Reno, captured wins in the Run to Squaw race put on by Big Blue Adventure this past Sunday.
A total of 117 runners took part in the race, which started in Tahoe City and ended 7.9 miles later at Squaw Valley.
Truckee High cross-country member Nathan Ariza, 16, finished second overall, posting a time of 51:01.88 to Badolato's 48:40.57.
Matt Dolan, 29, of Fallon finished third in 51:34.84 and was followed by Truckee's Jesse Stocking (51:47.98) and Greg Mandler of Elko Grove (52:08.48) rounding out the top five.
Angela Matthews, 51, of Sacramento was the second woman and 15th overall in 57:06.55, and Kimberly Mygatt of San Jose was third (19th overall) in 58:46.75. Truckee's Courtney Hollway Keim was the fourth woman and 20th overall in 59:37.80.
Trending In: Sports
- It’s all in the hips: how to keep your golf swing loose this winter
- North Lake Tahoe’s Alpenglow Mountain Festival wraps this weekend
- Lake Tahoe backcountry skiing is skyrocketing in popularity — but is everyone prepared to make it out alive?
- Tahoe skiing: Top 5 picks for Learn to Ski and Snowboard Month deals
- From Soda Springs to Sochi and back
- Male snowboarder, 43, dies after falling into tree well at Tahoe-area resort
- Lake Tahoe-area power outages almost completely restored (updates)
- Lake Tahoe skiing: Amid record snow, Squaw to stay open through July 4
- Tahoe Top 5: What to keep in your car to ensure safety during winter storms
- Opinion: Truckee Town Council, police need to address traffic issues