A-Basin opens uphill access on Nov. 11
November 13, 2017
Arapahoe Basin Ski Area opened its uphill access for the first time this ski season Saturday afternoon, Nov. 11, at approximately 4:15 p.m.
In a statement, A-Basin said it intends to have uphill access open in the morning prior to lift operating hours as well.
Uphill access will remain closed during the ski area’s normal operating hours.
A-Basin advises skiers and snowboarders to check their website for current statuses of uphill access, at ArapahoeBasin.com/snow and scrolling to the bottom of the page.
The ski area also said uphill access can be affected by mountain operations like avalanche mitigation and winch cat grooming.
A-Basin’s first “Rise ‘n’ Shine Rando” will be this Tuesday morning, Nov. 14.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- Northstar California Resort cancels Thanksgiving Day opener
- Carousel Estate on Lake Tahoe West Shore on market for $29.5 million (video)
- Placer updates secondary unit ordinance with eye on housing
- Retiring early: Nevada among top 10 best states, report shows
- North Tahoe new business spotlight: Roam Wyld