Auburn Ski Club’s Shorr, Stassel nominated to Olympic team
January 27, 2014
Olympic halfpipe and slopestyle nominations
Greg Bretz, Mammoth Lakes, Calif. (12/19/1990) *
Danny Davis, Truckee, Calif. (6/22/1988)
Taylor Gold, Steamboat Springs, Colo. (11/17/1993)
Shaun White, Carlsbad, Calif. (9/3/1986) *
Kelly Clark, W. Dover, Vt. (7/26/1983) *
Kaitlyn Farrington, Bellevue, Idaho (12/18/1989)
Arielle Gold, Steamboat Springs, Colo. (5/4/1996)
Hannah Teter, Belmont, Vt. (1/27/1987) *
Sage Kotsenburg, Park City, Utah (7/27/1993)
Chas Guldemond, Truckee, Calif. (4/22/1987)
Ryan Stassel, Anchorage, Alaska (10/23/1992)
Shaun White, Carlsbad, Calif. (9/3/1986)
Jamie Anderson, S. Lake Tahoe, Calif. (9/13/1990)
Jessika Jensen, Rigby, Idaho (8/07/1991)
Karly Shorr, Truckee, Calif. (5/18/1994)
Ty Walker, Stowe, Vt. (3/03/1997)
Men’s alpine snowboarding
Justin Reiter, Steamboat Springs, Colo. (2/2/1981)
Three additional slopestyle snowboarding athletes, including Auburn Ski Club riders Karly Shorr and Ryan Stassel, were nominated for the U.S. Olympic Snowboarding Team on Tuesday.
The athletes qualified through the Sprint U.S. Grand Prix and were added to those announced over the weekend.
In addition to the Auburn Ski Club athletes, Jessika Jenson of Rigby, Idaho, was named to the women's slopestyle team, while Alpine snowboarding athlete Justin Reiter of Steamboat Springs, Colo., also was nominated. Shorr is originally from Michigan and Stassel from Alaska. Both now train out of the Auburn Ski Club.
The slopestyle and halfpipe athletes will be competing this week at the X Games in Aspen before departing for Sochi.
The U.S. Olympic Committee will formally name the 2014 U.S. Olympic Team on Jan. 27.
Trending In: Sports
- It’s all in the hips: how to keep your golf swing loose this winter
- North Lake Tahoe’s Alpenglow Mountain Festival wraps this weekend
- Lake Tahoe backcountry skiing is skyrocketing in popularity — but is everyone prepared to make it out alive?
- From Soda Springs to Sochi and back
- Incline football: Highlanders stomp Silver Stage, end season on high note
- Male snowboarder, 43, dies after falling into tree well at Tahoe-area resort
- Lake Tahoe skiing: Amid record snow, Squaw to stay open through July 4
- Lake Tahoe-area power outages almost completely restored (updates)
- Tahoe Top 5: What to keep in your car to ensure safety during winter storms
- Opinion: Truckee Town Council, police need to address traffic issues