B4BC raises more than $20,000 in ninth annual Skate the Lake event
August 22, 2013
The Lake Tahoe skateboard community continues to rake in the dough for breast cancer awareness.
More then 110 people helped raise in excess of $20,000 at the ninth annual Boarding for Breast Cancer (B4BC) Skate the Lake event this past Saturday.
On the second stop of B4BC's Skate the States series, participants of all ages and abilities skated, biked or roller skated along a 28-mile stretch of North Lake Tahoe.
B4BC is a 501(c)3 nonprofit foundation dedicated to providing breast cancer education, prevention and support programs for young people and the action sports community at large. They put on a series of events across the West.
For more information or to donate to the cause, visit the B4BC website at b4bc.org.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- Reno man killed in head-on crash northeast of Truckee on Interstate 80
- Truckee couple to host fundraiser on Oct. 17 for Northern California fire victims
- Arapahoe Basin once again country’s first ski area to open, marking start of 2017-2018 season
- Public input sought on draft Truckee River Recreational Access Plan
- Table Fire at 420 acres in Eldorado National Forest