B4BC raises more than $20,000 in ninth annual Skate the Lake event
August 22, 2013
The Lake Tahoe skateboard community continues to rake in the dough for breast cancer awareness.
More then 110 people helped raise in excess of $20,000 at the ninth annual Boarding for Breast Cancer (B4BC) Skate the Lake event this past Saturday.
On the second stop of B4BC’s Skate the States series, participants of all ages and abilities skated, biked or roller skated along a 28-mile stretch of North Lake Tahoe.
B4BC is a 501(c)3 nonprofit foundation dedicated to providing breast cancer education, prevention and support programs for young people and the action sports community at large. They put on a series of events across the West.
For more information or to donate to the cause, visit the B4BC website at b4bc.org.
Trending In: Sports
- Truckee football: Wolverines primed for clash with rival South Tahoe
- Truckee prep roundup: Wolverines cruise in volleyball, girls soccer
- North Tahoe football: Mercogliano, Lakers sneak past Yerington JV
- North Tahoe prep roundup: Laker boys soccer thumps Fallon 17-1
- Incline prep roundup: Boys, girls soccer fall short to North Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe weather: 6 inches of snow reported at high elevations Monday
- Pilot, small plane missing in Sierra Nevada southwest of Lake Tahoe
- Pilot found dead in plane wreckage west of Lake Tahoe
- Election 2016: Prop 64 would bring more than legal pot to California
- Woman on vacation from Taiwan killed in Lake Tahoe wreck