B4BC raises more than $20,000 in ninth annual Skate the Lake event
August 22, 2013
The Lake Tahoe skateboard community continues to rake in the dough for breast cancer awareness.
More then 110 people helped raise in excess of $20,000 at the ninth annual Boarding for Breast Cancer (B4BC) Skate the Lake event this past Saturday.
On the second stop of B4BC's Skate the States series, participants of all ages and abilities skated, biked or roller skated along a 28-mile stretch of North Lake Tahoe.
B4BC is a 501(c)3 nonprofit foundation dedicated to providing breast cancer education, prevention and support programs for young people and the action sports community at large. They put on a series of events across the West.
For more information or to donate to the cause, visit the B4BC website at b4bc.org.
Trending In: Sports
- North Lake Tahoe’s Alpenglow Mountain Festival wraps this weekend
- Lake Tahoe backcountry skiing is skyrocketing in popularity — but is everyone prepared to make it out alive?
- Tahoe skiing: How to master (or, at least learn) new movements with the inside ski
- Lake Tahoe skiing: Squaw-Alpine staying open through Memorial Day, others extend spring skiing season
- Fat-bottom whirls: Try out a fat bike for a new form of Tahoe-Truckee snow fun
- Lake Tahoe-area power outages almost completely restored (updates)
- Officials may have to ‘spill’ excess water from Lake Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe weather: Progress being made on widespread power outages
- Lake Tahoe weather: Snow, rain, avalanches, mudslides and more possible this week
- Teen skiers mourned: two skiers killed in avalanche remembered