CNISSF snowboard racing | Curtis, Graham lead Wolverines at Boreal
January 27, 2014
Truckee’s Casey Curtis and Nichole Graham led the Wolverines with third-place finishes in the second CNISSF slalom race at Boreal on Monday.
Casey posted a time of 41.28 seconds to Colfax winner Kyle Bryant’s 39.7, while Graham posted a time of 47.32 to Nevada Union winner Celine Holland’s 40.63. Holland also won the opening race at Sugar Bowl the week prior.
In the varsity boys race, Truckee’s Quinntin Butler (45.55) finished seventh and North Tahoe’s Brandon Hayakawa (46.04) was eighth.
Truckee’s Claire Roberts, who was runner-up in the first race, was the next Truckee finisher after Graham, placing fifth in 48.27. Sofie Maciel of Truckee was ninth in 56.58.
In the first race, held Jan. 13, Truckee’s Ryan Murphy captured the victory in a field of 52 varsity boys.
The Wolverines are third in the overall (boys and girls) league standings with 1,366 points. Placer leads the way with 1,466 points, and Davis is second with 1,411. Nevada Union (1,323) is fourth, followed by Colfax (1,249) and North Tahoe (603).
Next on the high school snowboard racing schedule is a giant slalom at Northstar on Monday, Jan. 27.
Trending In: Sports
- Truckee prep roundup: Wolverines cruise in volleyball, girls soccer
- Truckee football: Wolverines primed for clash with rival South Tahoe
- North Tahoe football: Mercogliano, Lakers sneak past Yerington JV
- Incline prep roundup: Boys, girls soccer fall short to North Tahoe
- North Tahoe prep roundup: Laker boys soccer thumps Fallon 17-1
- Pilot found dead in plane wreckage west of Lake Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe weather: 6 inches of snow reported at high elevations Monday
- Beth Howard leaving Northstar; search for new GM underway
- Election 2016: Prop 64 would bring more than legal pot to California
- Woman on vacation from Taiwan killed in Lake Tahoe wreck