CNISSF snowboard racing | Curtis, Graham lead Wolverines at Boreal
January 27, 2014
Truckee's Casey Curtis and Nichole Graham led the Wolverines with third-place finishes in the second CNISSF slalom race at Boreal on Monday.
Casey posted a time of 41.28 seconds to Colfax winner Kyle Bryant's 39.7, while Graham posted a time of 47.32 to Nevada Union winner Celine Holland's 40.63. Holland also won the opening race at Sugar Bowl the week prior.
In the varsity boys race, Truckee's Quinntin Butler (45.55) finished seventh and North Tahoe's Brandon Hayakawa (46.04) was eighth.
Truckee's Claire Roberts, who was runner-up in the first race, was the next Truckee finisher after Graham, placing fifth in 48.27. Sofie Maciel of Truckee was ninth in 56.58.
In the first race, held Jan. 13, Truckee's Ryan Murphy captured the victory in a field of 52 varsity boys.
The Wolverines are third in the overall (boys and girls) league standings with 1,366 points. Placer leads the way with 1,466 points, and Davis is second with 1,411. Nevada Union (1,323) is fourth, followed by Colfax (1,249) and North Tahoe (603).
Next on the high school snowboard racing schedule is a giant slalom at Northstar on Monday, Jan. 27.
Trending In: Sports
- Explore Tahoe: From yoga to skiing, Feb. 18-16 winter mountain fest has it all
- Lake Tahoe backcountry skiing is skyrocketing in popularity — but is everyone prepared to make it out alive?
- Prep Nordic racing: Season concludes with CNISSF state championships
- Death Ride doesn’t live up to name
- Truckee Raptors youth basketball team crowned champs
- Teen skiers mourned: two skiers killed in avalanche remembered
- Lake Tahoe weather: Progress being made on widespread power outages
- Lake Tahoe weather: Snow, rain, avalanches, mudslides and more possible this week
- Official: Fixing Tahoe transit key to limiting tension between locals, tourists
- Truckee housing: Town OKs extra $100K to Artist Lofts loan