CNISSF snowboard racing | Curtis, Graham lead Wolverines at Boreal
Ryan Summerlin January 27, 2014
Truckee’s Casey Curtis and Nichole Graham led the Wolverines with third-place finishes in the second CNISSF slalom race at Boreal on Monday.
Casey posted a time of 41.28 seconds to Colfax winner Kyle Bryant’s 39.7, while Graham posted a time of 47.32 to Nevada Union winner Celine Holland’s 40.63. Holland also won the opening race at Sugar Bowl the week prior.
In the varsity boys race, Truckee’s Quinntin Butler (45.55) finished seventh and North Tahoe’s Brandon Hayakawa (46.04) was eighth.
Truckee’s Claire Roberts, who was runner-up in the first race, was the next Truckee finisher after Graham, placing fifth in 48.27. Sofie Maciel of Truckee was ninth in 56.58.
In the first race, held Jan. 13, Truckee’s Ryan Murphy captured the victory in a field of 52 varsity boys.
The Wolverines are third in the overall (boys and girls) league standings with 1,366 points. Placer leads the way with 1,466 points, and Davis is second with 1,411. Nevada Union (1,323) is fourth, followed by Colfax (1,249) and North Tahoe (603).
Next on the high school snowboard racing schedule is a giant slalom at Northstar on Monday, Jan. 27.
Trending In: Sports
- Truckee football focus: ‘Let’s be the most physical football team on the field’
- North Tahoe football: Mercogliano’s 696 all-purpose yards lead way in homecoming rout
- PHOTOS: Marco Capelli wins inaugural Truckee Marathon
- Truckee JV Pop Warner football team improves to 1-1 with win over Sparks
- Truckee prep roundup: Girls soccer stays unbeaten after wins over South Tahoe, Incline