CNISSF snowboarding | Butler, Roberts pace Truckee again
February 11, 2014
Truckee snowboarders recorded first- and second-place finishes in a CNISSF giant slalom race at Alpine Meadows on Monday.
Quinntin Butler, who was third last week, finished first in a field of 49 racers from six regional high schools. He recorded a time of 1:03.0 between his two runs to edge Kyle Bryant of Colfax, who finished in 1:03.7.
Butler’s Truckee teammate, Casey Curtis, finished third in 1:04.2, while Truckee’s Zach Yamauchi (1:15.1) was 26th and Trevor Whinney (1:19.4) 36th.
North Tahoe’s Simon Wyss (1:15.0) led the Lakers in 25th place.
In the girls race, Faith Robichaud of Nevada Union took the win with a time of 1:09.2, while Truckee’s Claire Roberts, who placed fourth the previous week, was runner-up in 1:10.3.
Roberts was among three Wolverines in the top 10, as Sofie Maciel finished fourth in 1:11.5 and Nichole Graham was fifth in 1:11.8.
Four races into the season, the Wolverines are fourth in the overall team standings. Their boys are third, behind Colfax and Placer, while the girls are fourth, trailing Nevada Union, Placer and Davis.
Trending In: Sports
- Tahoe hiking: 6 must-see spots to enjoy autumn colors around the lake
- Truckee football: Wolverines primed for clash with rival South Tahoe
- U.S. Ski Team’s Tim Jitloff, a Truckee native, talks life on and off the slopes
- Incline prep roundup: Boys, girls soccer fall short to North Tahoe
- North Tahoe football: Mercogliano, Lakers sneak past Yerington JV
- Truckee Police arrest 5 people (4 locals) in vehicle burglary, theft cases
- Lake Tahoe weather: More rain in forecast after recent 11 billion-gallon dump
- Truckee football: Wolverines top South Tahoe 21-20 in Sierra Bowl
- Hungry like the Wolf: Renowned Tahoe chef pens book on history of Wolfdale’s restaurant, life in kitchens
- Beth Howard leaving Northstar; search for new GM underway