Derby whoppers pulled from Tahoe
Ryan Summerlin June 5, 2014
Another Jake’s Charity Fishing Derby is in the books.
On a sunny Memorial Day holiday, Bob Reynolds, Tom Griffin and Matt Correa hauled in the largest brown trout, Mackinaw and rainbow trout, respectively, in Jake’s 21st Annual Mike Kise Memorial Charity Fishing Derby — named in honor of longtime Jake’s on the Lake manager and derby co-founder Mike Kise.
Reynolds and Griffin both were awarded $1,000 for their winning catches, while Correa received $250. Reynolds’ winning brown weighed in at 4.82 pounds, Griffin’s Mackinaw weighed 13.31 pounds and Correa’s rainbow was 4.38 pounds.
Proceeds from the annual derby benefited the North Tahoe Booster Club.
Trending In: Sports
- PHOTOS: Marco Capelli wins inaugural Truckee Marathon
- Truckee football focus: ‘Let’s be the most physical football team on the field’
- North Tahoe football: Mercogliano’s 696 all-purpose yards lead way in homecoming rout
- Truckee JV Pop Warner football team improves to 1-1 with win over Sparks
- Truckee prep roundup: Girls soccer stays unbeaten after wins over South Tahoe, Incline