Derby whoppers pulled from Tahoe
June 5, 2014
Another Jake’s Charity Fishing Derby is in the books.
On a sunny Memorial Day holiday, Bob Reynolds, Tom Griffin and Matt Correa hauled in the largest brown trout, Mackinaw and rainbow trout, respectively, in Jake’s 21st Annual Mike Kise Memorial Charity Fishing Derby — named in honor of longtime Jake’s on the Lake manager and derby co-founder Mike Kise.
Reynolds and Griffin both were awarded $1,000 for their winning catches, while Correa received $250. Reynolds’ winning brown weighed in at 4.82 pounds, Griffin’s Mackinaw weighed 13.31 pounds and Correa’s rainbow was 4.38 pounds.
Proceeds from the annual derby benefited the North Tahoe Booster Club.
Trending In: Sports
- Truckee prep roundup: Wolverines cruise in volleyball, girls soccer
- Truckee football: Wolverines primed for clash with rival South Tahoe
- North Tahoe football: Mercogliano, Lakers sneak past Yerington JV
- Incline prep roundup: Boys, girls soccer fall short to North Tahoe
- North Tahoe prep roundup: Laker boys soccer thumps Fallon 17-1
- Pilot found dead in plane wreckage west of Lake Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe weather: 6 inches of snow reported at high elevations Monday
- Beth Howard leaving Northstar; search for new GM underway
- Election 2016: Prop 64 would bring more than legal pot to California
- Woman on vacation from Taiwan killed in Lake Tahoe wreck