Derby whoppers pulled from Tahoe
June 5, 2014
Another Jake's Charity Fishing Derby is in the books.
On a sunny Memorial Day holiday, Bob Reynolds, Tom Griffin and Matt Correa hauled in the largest brown trout, Mackinaw and rainbow trout, respectively, in Jake's 21st Annual Mike Kise Memorial Charity Fishing Derby — named in honor of longtime Jake's on the Lake manager and derby co-founder Mike Kise.
Reynolds and Griffin both were awarded $1,000 for their winning catches, while Correa received $250. Reynolds' winning brown weighed in at 4.82 pounds, Griffin's Mackinaw weighed 13.31 pounds and Correa's rainbow was 4.38 pounds.
Proceeds from the annual derby benefited the North Tahoe Booster Club.
Trending In: Sports
- The Made in Tahoe Festival will be hosted at Squaw Valley on May 27-28, and celebrates all things Tahoe
- Will big winter impact water temperature for swimmers in Lake Tahoe?
- Locals’ guide to Memorial Day in Tahoe: A light-hearted take on escaping the hustle and bustle
- Truckee’s craft beer scene exploded way back in 1876 with opening of the massive Boca Brewery
- How to safely cross the 72-mile ride around Lake Tahoe off your bucket list