Derby whoppers pulled from Tahoe
June 5, 2014
Another Jake's Charity Fishing Derby is in the books.
On a sunny Memorial Day holiday, Bob Reynolds, Tom Griffin and Matt Correa hauled in the largest brown trout, Mackinaw and rainbow trout, respectively, in Jake's 21st Annual Mike Kise Memorial Charity Fishing Derby — named in honor of longtime Jake's on the Lake manager and derby co-founder Mike Kise.
Reynolds and Griffin both were awarded $1,000 for their winning catches, while Correa received $250. Reynolds' winning brown weighed in at 4.82 pounds, Griffin's Mackinaw weighed 13.31 pounds and Correa's rainbow was 4.38 pounds.
Proceeds from the annual derby benefited the North Tahoe Booster Club.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- Reno man killed in head-on crash northeast of Truckee on Interstate 80
- Truckee couple to host fundraiser on Oct. 17 for Northern California fire victims
- Arapahoe Basin once again country’s first ski area to open, marking start of 2017-2018 season
- Table Fire at 420 acres in Eldorado National Forest
- Update: Multiple fires burning in Nevada County; 821-acre Lobo Fire is 93 percent contained (video)