Derby whoppers pulled from Tahoe
June 5, 2014
Another Jake's Charity Fishing Derby is in the books.
On a sunny Memorial Day holiday, Bob Reynolds, Tom Griffin and Matt Correa hauled in the largest brown trout, Mackinaw and rainbow trout, respectively, in Jake's 21st Annual Mike Kise Memorial Charity Fishing Derby — named in honor of longtime Jake's on the Lake manager and derby co-founder Mike Kise.
Reynolds and Griffin both were awarded $1,000 for their winning catches, while Correa received $250. Reynolds' winning brown weighed in at 4.82 pounds, Griffin's Mackinaw weighed 13.31 pounds and Correa's rainbow was 4.38 pounds.
Proceeds from the annual derby benefited the North Tahoe Booster Club.
Trending In: Sports
- Explore Tahoe: From yoga to skiing, Feb. 18-16 winter mountain fest has it all
- Lake Tahoe backcountry skiing is skyrocketing in popularity — but is everyone prepared to make it out alive?
- Prep Nordic racing: Season concludes with CNISSF state championships
- Death Ride doesn’t live up to name
- Truckee Raptors youth basketball team crowned champs
- Teen skiers mourned: two skiers killed in avalanche remembered
- Lake Tahoe weather: Progress being made on widespread power outages
- Lake Tahoe weather: Snow, rain, avalanches, mudslides and more possible this week
- Official: Fixing Tahoe transit key to limiting tension between locals, tourists
- Truckee housing: Town OKs extra $100K to Artist Lofts loan