Fran Macomber earns 20th Tahoe Donner Women’s Golf Club title
September 9, 2013
Fran Macomber prevailed once again as the Tahoe Donner Women’s Golf Club’s 2013 champion with two-day gross score of 165 — 139 low net — in the Aug. 20-21 tournament.
Macomber shot a 76 on the first day of the championship to help propel her to victory over 28 friendly competitors.
Macomber, who turns 80 in October, has now earned club champion honors 20 times.
Bettye Carmichael was championship flight runner-up with a gross two-day score of 172, net 144.
Other flight winners included Leslie Williams in the first flight, with a net 140, and Jeanne McGoldrick with a 144; Lydia Stang in second flight with a net 139, and Bette Palmer with a 147; and Lou Ashcraft in third flight with a net 138, and Kathie Schwartz with a 141.
Carol Louderback was the low net champion over the field of players with a two-day total of 131 (65-66).
The Tahoe Donner Women’s Club consists primarily of Tahoe Donner property owners. The season runs from late May to mid October.
For more information about the club, email email@example.com.
Trending In: Sports
- Tahoe hiking: 6 must-see spots to enjoy autumn colors around the lake
- U.S. Ski Team’s Tim Jitloff, a Truckee native, talks life on and off the slopes
- Truckee football: ‘We’re very proud of our guys’ following high-stakes rivalry win
- Truckee prep roundup: Haas first Wolverine to win boys tennis state title
- North Tahoe football: Lakers put ‘Hurt’ on Silver Stage in 34-0 rout
- Truckee Police arrest 5 people in vehicle burglary, theft cases (updated)
- Squaw development: Little progress made on Attorney General’s concerns
- Lake Tahoe weather: More rain in forecast after recent 11 billion-gallon dump
- North Tahoe Mellow Fellow closes after property’s foreclosure
- Lake Tahoe resort to open ski-in, ski-out coworking space