Fran Macomber earns 20th Tahoe Donner Women’s Golf Club title
September 9, 2013
Fran Macomber prevailed once again as the Tahoe Donner Women’s Golf Club’s 2013 champion with two-day gross score of 165 — 139 low net — in the Aug. 20-21 tournament.
Macomber shot a 76 on the first day of the championship to help propel her to victory over 28 friendly competitors.
Macomber, who turns 80 in October, has now earned club champion honors 20 times.
Bettye Carmichael was championship flight runner-up with a gross two-day score of 172, net 144.
Other flight winners included Leslie Williams in the first flight, with a net 140, and Jeanne McGoldrick with a 144; Lydia Stang in second flight with a net 139, and Bette Palmer with a 147; and Lou Ashcraft in third flight with a net 138, and Kathie Schwartz with a 141.
Carol Louderback was the low net champion over the field of players with a two-day total of 131 (65-66).
The Tahoe Donner Women’s Club consists primarily of Tahoe Donner property owners. The season runs from late May to mid October.
For more information about the club, email email@example.com.
Trending In: Sports
- Explore Tahoe: From yoga to skiing, Feb. 18-16 winter mountain fest has it all
- Fat-bottom whirls: Try out a fat bike for a new form of Tahoe-Truckee snow fun
- Lake Tahoe backcountry skiing is skyrocketing in popularity — but is everyone prepared to make it out alive?
- Death Ride doesn’t live up to name
- Homecoming football preview: Damonte Ranch at Truckee
- It’s gonna be huge: Lake Tahoe ski resorts look to trump weather issues in time for busy Presidents Day weekend
- Lake Tahoe weather: Foot or more of snow possible Friday; then more rain
- Tahoe-Truckee storms: May take months to determine true cost of damage
- Bet your ‘glasses’ – first-of-its-kind wine bar debuts in Incline Village
- Lake Tahoe has seen 138.65 billion gallons of water since October