High Altitude Fitness to host climbing competitions
March 11, 2014
High Altitude Fitness in Incline Village will host a Sport Climbing Series event as well as a local climbing competition called Tahoe Top-Out on March 22.
The dual event will break a three-year competition-less streak at High Altitude Fitness.
Registration for the Sport Climbing Series event begins at 9 a.m. and costs $25. Climbing begins at 10 a.m. and awards take place at 2 p.m.
Tahoe Top-Out registration opens at 3 p.m. The event is free for members and $16 for non members. Climbing begins at 4 p.m., with awards to follow at 7 p.m. Online pre-registration is encouraged.
Souper Wagon food truck will be outside selling hot soups and sandwiches throughout both competitions, while snacks and baked goods will be available for purchase in the lobby. Beer and wine specials will be available inside during the event.
Raffle tickets and prizes will be available at both events, with the Tahoe Top-Out featuring a $1,500 cash purse — $450 for first place, $200 for second and $100 for third.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports
- Truckee police: Man allegedly drugged victim, raped her
- First snowfall of autumn in Truckee; Squaw Valley receives 3 inches (time lapse cam)
- Impending storm prompts closure of Sierra passes
- Business struggles to hire young people for skilled-worker jobs
- Fernley’s game-winning touchdown drive upends Truckee comeback