High Altitude Fitness to host climbing competitions
March 11, 2014
High Altitude Fitness in Incline Village will host a Sport Climbing Series event as well as a local climbing competition called Tahoe Top-Out on March 22.
The dual event will break a three-year competition-less streak at High Altitude Fitness.
Registration for the Sport Climbing Series event begins at 9 a.m. and costs $25. Climbing begins at 10 a.m. and awards take place at 2 p.m.
Tahoe Top-Out registration opens at 3 p.m. The event is free for members and $16 for non members. Climbing begins at 4 p.m., with awards to follow at 7 p.m. Online pre-registration is encouraged.
Souper Wagon food truck will be outside selling hot soups and sandwiches throughout both competitions, while snacks and baked goods will be available for purchase in the lobby. Beer and wine specials will be available inside during the event.
Raffle tickets and prizes will be available at both events, with the Tahoe Top-Out featuring a $1,500 cash purse — $450 for first place, $200 for second and $100 for third.
Trending In: Sports
- Truckee football: Wolverines primed for clash with rival South Tahoe
- Truckee prep roundup: Wolverines cruise in volleyball, girls soccer
- Incline prep roundup: Boys, girls soccer fall short to North Tahoe
- North Tahoe football: Mercogliano, Lakers sneak past Yerington JV
- North Tahoe prep roundup: Laker boys soccer thumps Fallon 17-1
- Beth Howard leaving Northstar; search for new GM underway
- North Tahoe crime logs: ‘Slobbering’ man dislocates cop’s shoulder
- Pilot found dead in plane wreckage west of Lake Tahoe
- Jim Porter: Voting recommendations for November 8, part one (opinion)
- Tahoe skiing: Try these tips on how to train early and smart for winter sports