Incline baseball | Highlanders drop two against Sparks
April 22, 2013
The Incline baseball team dropped a pair of Mount Rose League games to visiting Sparks on Saturday, 25-7 and 11-1.
The Highlanders (6-14-1) matched the Railroaders’ four runs in the first inning of Game 1, but Sparks (12-6) scored three more runs in the second, 12 in the third and six in the fourth to take control.
Incline sophomore Tommy Dolan connected for two home runs in the game, including a grand slam, giving him five homers on the year. Aside from Dolan’s five RBIs, Jack Clouthier had a double and two RBIs, and Cam Powell, Tommy Thompson and Masxsimo Battel each contributed one hit.
The Railroaders had three home runs — two by Casey Carter, who was 5-for-6 with a double and seven RBIs, and one by Tyler Crow.
Sparks took an early lead with a four-run first inning in Game 2. The Railroaders added a run in the third, five in the fourth and one more in the fifth to end the game on the mercy rule. Clouthier scored Incline’s only run in the bottom of the first.
Clouthier, Powell, Battel and Ben Snyder each had one hit as Carter, who started for Sparks, walked one and struck out eight in five innings. Dustin Alexander and Jared Longland both homered for the Railroaders.
Incline is scheduled to play a Mount Rose League game against Whittell at Aces Ballpark on Wednesday at 4 p.m.
Trending In: Sports
- Truckee football: Wolverines primed for clash with rival South Tahoe
- North Tahoe football: Mercogliano, Lakers sneak past Yerington JV
- Incline prep roundup: Boys, girls soccer fall short to North Tahoe
- Truckee cross-country: Girls claim 3rd, boys take 10th in Folsom
- Truckee prep roundup: Wolverines cruise in volleyball, girls soccer
- Truckee football: Wolverines top South Tahoe 21-20 in Sierra Bowl
- Hungry like the Wolf: Renowned Tahoe chef pens book on history of Wolfdale’s restaurant, life in kitchens
- Election 2016: Prop 64 would bring more than legal pot to California
- Election 2016: Truckee Tahoe Airport District — read 4 candidate statements
- North Tahoe crime logs: ‘Slobbering’ man dislocates cop’s shoulder