Incline basketball | Girls, boys advance to regional championships
February 22, 2014
Both the Incline boys and girls basketball teams punched their tickets to the Division III state championship tournament with regional semifinal wins in Battle Mountain on Friday.
The second-seeded Incline boys got things started with an 81-67 win over fourth-seeded White Pine. Incline's girls, which entered as the top Northern Division III seed, defeated Battle Mountain 45-37 in their semifinal.
The only upset of the tournament came on the other side of the boys bracket, as fourth-seeded Battle Mountain defeated top-seeded West Wendover 66-61 to eliminate the Wolverines from the postseason.
That sets up a regional championship contest between Incline and Battle Mountain on Saturday at 2 p.m. Both teams have secured state berths and will battle for the top Northern seed in the state tournament.
Incline's girls will face second-seeded Pershing County in the regional championship Saturday at noon after the Mustangs defeated White Pine 49-37 on Friday.
State is scheduled for Feb. 28 and March 1 at North Valleys High School and Lawlor Events Center.
Trending In: Sports
- North Lake Tahoe’s Alpenglow Mountain Festival wraps this weekend
- It’s all in the hips: how to keep your golf swing loose this winter
- Lake Tahoe backcountry skiing is skyrocketing in popularity — but is everyone prepared to make it out alive?
- Tahoe skiing: How to master (or, at least learn) new movements with the inside ski
- Lake Tahoe skiing: Squaw-Alpine staying open through Memorial Day, others extend spring skiing season
- Male snowboarder, 43, dies after falling into tree well at Tahoe-area resort
- Lake Tahoe-area power outages almost completely restored (updates)
- Officials may have to ‘spill’ excess water from Lake Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe skiing: Amid record snow, Squaw to stay open through July 4
- Opinion: Truckee Town Council, police need to address traffic issues