Incline basketball | Girls, boys advance to regional championships
February 22, 2014
Both the Incline boys and girls basketball teams punched their tickets to the Division III state championship tournament with regional semifinal wins in Battle Mountain on Friday.
The second-seeded Incline boys got things started with an 81-67 win over fourth-seeded White Pine. Incline’s girls, which entered as the top Northern Division III seed, defeated Battle Mountain 45-37 in their semifinal.
The only upset of the tournament came on the other side of the boys bracket, as fourth-seeded Battle Mountain defeated top-seeded West Wendover 66-61 to eliminate the Wolverines from the postseason.
That sets up a regional championship contest between Incline and Battle Mountain on Saturday at 2 p.m. Both teams have secured state berths and will battle for the top Northern seed in the state tournament.
Incline’s girls will face second-seeded Pershing County in the regional championship Saturday at noon after the Mustangs defeated White Pine 49-37 on Friday.
State is scheduled for Feb. 28 and March 1 at North Valleys High School and Lawlor Events Center.
Trending In: Sports
- Truckee football: Wolverines primed for clash with rival South Tahoe
- Truckee prep roundup: Wolverines cruise in volleyball, girls soccer
- Incline prep roundup: Boys, girls soccer fall short to North Tahoe
- North Tahoe football: Mercogliano, Lakers sneak past Yerington JV
- North Tahoe prep roundup: Laker boys soccer thumps Fallon 17-1
- Beth Howard leaving Northstar; search for new GM underway
- North Tahoe crime logs: ‘Slobbering’ man dislocates cop’s shoulder
- Jim Porter: Voting recommendations for November 8, part one (opinion)
- Pilot found dead in plane wreckage west of Lake Tahoe
- Tahoe skiing: Try these tips on how to train early and smart for winter sports