Incline football to hold spring training, poker fundraiser
May 22, 2013
Second-year Incline coach Scott Conn has a fun way to raise the much-needed funds for his Highlanders — a poker tournament.
The Highlander Hail-Mary Poker Extravaganza is scheduled for Saturday, June 15, at the Grand Lodge Casino at the Hyatt Regency.
The event, which begins at 9 a.m., costs $100 to buy in, with all the proceeds benefitting the Incline High football program. The team will use the money to upgrade its outdated equipment and training tools.
More than $9,000 in prizes from local vendors will be given away for things like “bad beats,” which is to knock one of the football coaches out of the tournament, best hand, etc. The tournament winner will receive a $2,500 purse.
All participants must be 21 years of age. For questions or to register, contact Conn at 530-913-9694 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Trending In: Sports
- Truckee football: Wolverines primed for clash with rival South Tahoe
- Truckee prep roundup: Wolverines cruise in volleyball, girls soccer
- Incline prep roundup: Boys, girls soccer fall short to North Tahoe
- North Tahoe football: Mercogliano, Lakers sneak past Yerington JV
- North Tahoe prep roundup: Laker boys soccer thumps Fallon 17-1
- Beth Howard leaving Northstar; search for new GM underway
- North Tahoe crime logs: ‘Slobbering’ man dislocates cop’s shoulder
- Jim Porter: Voting recommendations for November 8, part one (opinion)
- Pilot found dead in plane wreckage west of Lake Tahoe
- Tahoe skiing: Try these tips on how to train early and smart for winter sports