Incline football to hold spring training, poker fundraiser
May 22, 2013
Second-year Incline coach Scott Conn has a fun way to raise the much-needed funds for his Highlanders — a poker tournament.
The Highlander Hail-Mary Poker Extravaganza is scheduled for Saturday, June 15, at the Grand Lodge Casino at the Hyatt Regency.
The event, which begins at 9 a.m., costs $100 to buy in, with all the proceeds benefitting the Incline High football program. The team will use the money to upgrade its outdated equipment and training tools.
More than $9,000 in prizes from local vendors will be given away for things like “bad beats,” which is to knock one of the football coaches out of the tournament, best hand, etc. The tournament winner will receive a $2,500 purse.
All participants must be 21 years of age. For questions or to register, contact Conn at 530-913-9694 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Trending In: Sports
- VIDEO: Tahoe native, U.S. Ski Team’s Lila Lapanja returning to form
- Tahoe skiing: Downhill resorts offer up new features for the 2016-17 season
- Tahoe athletes: Josh Daiek thunders into the professional freeskiing scene
- Truckee girls soccer: Wolverines cap dream season with state title
- IVGID Tip: Up your game for Lake Tahoe’s ski slopes
- Truckee Bank of America armed robbery: Second suspect arrested
- Tahoe under the surface: Photographer dives deep for underwater shots
- Northstar California appoints Nadia Guerriero as new GM
- Opinion: Risk of catastrophic fire at Lake Tahoe just got worse
- Truckee-based Squeeze In opens Vegas restaurant; 50 branches eyed by 2020