Incline golf | Cornell wins at Eagle Valley
April 10, 2014
Led by sophomore Mitchell Cornell, the Incline golf team finished runner-up in a Division III tournament at Eagle Valley Golf Course in Carson City last week.
Cornell broke par for the second week in a row while also earning tournament medalist honors with a low score of 70. Yerington's Griffen Cooper finished one stroke back at 71.
Whittell posted the low team score in the tournament with a 448. Incline carded a 462 and was followed by Sierra Lutheran with a 502. North Tahoe, Yerington and Sage Ridge did not have complete teams.
Cornell wasn't the only Highlander to fare well. Junior Dylan Smith recorded the third-best score of the tourney with a 76, while sophomore teammate Bryan Golombik fired a 78, which was good enough for fourth place. Peter Larson shot a 111, Johnny Lockard 127 and Brendon Swick 136.
Trending In: Sports
- North Lake Tahoe’s Alpenglow Mountain Festival wraps this weekend
- It’s all in the hips: how to keep your golf swing loose this winter
- Lake Tahoe backcountry skiing is skyrocketing in popularity — but is everyone prepared to make it out alive?
- Tahoe skiing: How to master (or, at least learn) new movements with the inside ski
- Lake Tahoe skiing: Squaw-Alpine staying open through Memorial Day, others extend spring skiing season
- Male snowboarder, 43, dies after falling into tree well at Tahoe-area resort
- Lake Tahoe-area power outages almost completely restored (updates)
- Officials may have to ‘spill’ excess water from Lake Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe skiing: Amid record snow, Squaw to stay open through July 4
- Opinion: Truckee Town Council, police need to address traffic issues