Incline golf | Cornell wins at Eagle Valley
April 10, 2014
Led by sophomore Mitchell Cornell, the Incline golf team finished runner-up in a Division III tournament at Eagle Valley Golf Course in Carson City last week.
Cornell broke par for the second week in a row while also earning tournament medalist honors with a low score of 70. Yerington’s Griffen Cooper finished one stroke back at 71.
Whittell posted the low team score in the tournament with a 448. Incline carded a 462 and was followed by Sierra Lutheran with a 502. North Tahoe, Yerington and Sage Ridge did not have complete teams.
Cornell wasn’t the only Highlander to fare well. Junior Dylan Smith recorded the third-best score of the tourney with a 76, while sophomore teammate Bryan Golombik fired a 78, which was good enough for fourth place. Peter Larson shot a 111, Johnny Lockard 127 and Brendon Swick 136.
Trending In: Sports
- Truckee football: Wolverines primed for clash with rival South Tahoe
- Truckee prep roundup: Wolverines cruise in volleyball, girls soccer
- Incline prep roundup: Boys, girls soccer fall short to North Tahoe
- North Tahoe football: Mercogliano, Lakers sneak past Yerington JV
- North Tahoe prep roundup: Laker boys soccer thumps Fallon 17-1
- Beth Howard leaving Northstar; search for new GM underway
- North Tahoe crime logs: ‘Slobbering’ man dislocates cop’s shoulder
- Pilot found dead in plane wreckage west of Lake Tahoe
- Jim Porter: Voting recommendations for November 8, part one (opinion)
- Tahoe skiing: Try these tips on how to train early and smart for winter sports