Incline golf | Mitchell Cornell, Highlanders claim regional title
May 9, 2013
Northern DIII regional championship results
Incline (433): Mitchell Cornell 76, Dylan Smith 87, Bryan Golombik 82, Kyle Reeves 92, Arjun Singh 96, Alex Davis DNF
Battle Mountain (444): Jonas Norman 96, Braeden Crotteau 82, Sean Peasnall 89, Toliver Rogers 84, Dylan Walter 93, Troy Stallard 98
Whittell (456): Steven Beeler 83, Derek Heldtwerle 99, Zoe Bertz 91, Anders Chaplin 84, Colin Buchholz 99, Spencer Buchholz 102
North Tahoe (459): Justin Fenley 83, Trevor Semmens 89, Riley McGuire-McCarthy 87, Zachary Kriston 94, Rob Grimes 122, Nash Baehr 106
Wells (461): Cameron Huff 80, Andrew Woolsey 85, Joe Tate 96, Mathew Beecher 98, Brenden Limardo 112, Paul Moschetti 102
Sierra Lutheran (517): Carson Iverson 83, Riley Gruber 107, Daniel Barulich 94, Evan Lewis 108, Andrew Hettrick 125, Danny Flanagan 125
Mineral County (n/s): Mavro Viani 79, Garth Price 96, Tristen 93
Yerington (n/s): Tyson Merrell 119, Vince Bolton 99
Sage Ridge (n/s): Grant Gabriel 85, Alan Jurkiewicz 99, Wyatt Keysor 123, Tyler Becker 122
Jackpot (n/s): Jason Koch 186
Mavro Viani, Cameron Huff, Grant Gabriel, Andrew Woolsey, Buster Fenley, Carson Iverson.
Led by steady freshman Mitchell Cornell, the Incline golf team claimed the Northern Division III title at Ruby View Golf Course in Elko on Wednesday.
Cornell earned individual regional champion honors with a 76, which was three strokes ahead of Mineral County’s Mavro Viani. Fellow freshman teammate Bryan Golombik won a tiebreaker for fourth, shooting an 82.
The Highlanders posted the low team score of 433. Battle Mountain was 11 strokes behind, at 444, followed by Whittell with a 456 to secure the final state championship berth.
North Tahoe just missed out on the state cut, as the Lakers finished three strokes behind Whittell with a 459. Wells came in at 461 and Sierra Lutheran 517.
Incline’s Dylan Smith shot an 87, Kyle Reeves a 92 and Arjun Singh a 96.
In addition to the top three teams, the top five individuals from non-qualifying teams also advanced to state.
Trending In: Sports
- VIDEO: Tahoe native, U.S. Ski Team’s Lila Lapanja returning to form
- Tahoe skiing: Downhill resorts offer up new features for the 2016-17 season
- Tahoe athletes: Josh Daiek thunders into the professional freeskiing scene
- IVGID Tip: Up your game for Lake Tahoe’s ski slopes
- Lake Tahoe snowboarding tips to minimize frustration for beginners
- E. coli, coliform bacteria found in Squaw Valley drinking water at upper mountain
- After fatal accidents, Tahoe runaway truck ramp project is complete
- Truckee CHP: Man stowed 64 pounds of pot in car’s fuel cell
- Lake Tahoe food poisoning suspect faces more felony charges
- Truckee-based Coffeebar to open 4th branch at Squaw Valley