Incline golf | Mitchell Cornell wins in Dayton
April 24, 2013
The Incline golf team won a Division III tournament at Dayton Valley Golf Course last Thursday, while freshman Mitchell Cornell earned individual medalist honors.
Seven schools competed in the North Tahoe-hosted tournament, although only two schools, Incline and North Tahoe, brought full teams of at least five golfers.
Incline took the top spot with a low combined score of 430 to North Tahoe's 482.
Cornell fired a 75 to easily claim the individual win — his second straight. Sophomore teammate Dylan Smith finished second with an 82 in his return from an injury, while North Tahoe senior Buster Fenley was third with an 86.
Incline senior Kyle Reeves shot an 87, Bryan Golombik a 90 and Arjun Singh a 96.
Trending In: Sports
- It’s all in the hips: how to keep your golf swing loose this winter
- North Lake Tahoe’s Alpenglow Mountain Festival wraps this weekend
- Lake Tahoe backcountry skiing is skyrocketing in popularity — but is everyone prepared to make it out alive?
- Tahoe skiing: Top 5 picks for Learn to Ski and Snowboard Month deals
- America’s rising star: Tahoe’s Travis Ganong talks life away from World Cup
- Male snowboarder, 43, dies after falling into tree well at Tahoe-area resort
- Lake Tahoe skiing: Amid record snow, Squaw to stay open through July 4
- Lake Tahoe-area power outages almost completely restored (updates)
- Tahoe Top 5: What to keep in your car to ensure safety during winter storms
- Opinion: Truckee Town Council, police need to address traffic issues