Incline golf | Mitchell Cornell wins in Dayton
April 24, 2013
The Incline golf team won a Division III tournament at Dayton Valley Golf Course last Thursday, while freshman Mitchell Cornell earned individual medalist honors.
Seven schools competed in the North Tahoe-hosted tournament, although only two schools, Incline and North Tahoe, brought full teams of at least five golfers.
Incline took the top spot with a low combined score of 430 to North Tahoe’s 482.
Cornell fired a 75 to easily claim the individual win — his second straight. Sophomore teammate Dylan Smith finished second with an 82 in his return from an injury, while North Tahoe senior Buster Fenley was third with an 86.
Incline senior Kyle Reeves shot an 87, Bryan Golombik a 90 and Arjun Singh a 96.
Trending In: Sports
- Tahoe skiing: Downhill resorts offer up new features for the 2016-17 season
- VIDEO: Tahoe native, U.S. Ski Team’s Lila Lapanja returning to form
- Fat-bottom whirls: Try out a fat bike for a new form of Tahoe-Truckee snow fun
- Peter Fain breaks own record in Escape from Prison Hill Half-Marathon
- Truckee cross-country: Girls edge Spring Creek for third title in four years
- Sierra history: The legacy of Donner Ski Ranch, an 80-year-old resort rebel
- I-80 wrecks: If you thought there were more than usual at Floriston, you’re right
- Opinion: Racism in American, and at Lake Tahoe, needs to stop
- Whoops! Accident left Alpine Meadows in the dark
- 5 arrested near Truckee after iPhone thefts, high-speed chase (w/ mugshots)