Incline golf | Mitchell Cornell wins in Dayton
April 24, 2013
The Incline golf team won a Division III tournament at Dayton Valley Golf Course last Thursday, while freshman Mitchell Cornell earned individual medalist honors.
Seven schools competed in the North Tahoe-hosted tournament, although only two schools, Incline and North Tahoe, brought full teams of at least five golfers.
Incline took the top spot with a low combined score of 430 to North Tahoe’s 482.
Cornell fired a 75 to easily claim the individual win — his second straight. Sophomore teammate Dylan Smith finished second with an 82 in his return from an injury, while North Tahoe senior Buster Fenley was third with an 86.
Incline senior Kyle Reeves shot an 87, Bryan Golombik a 90 and Arjun Singh a 96.
Trending In: Sports
- Tahoe hiking: 6 must-see spots to enjoy autumn colors around the lake
- U.S. Ski Team’s Tim Jitloff, a Truckee native, talks life on and off the slopes
- Truckee football: Wolverines primed for clash with rival South Tahoe
- Incline prep roundup: Boys, girls soccer fall short to North Tahoe
- North Tahoe football: Mercogliano, Lakers sneak past Yerington JV
- Truckee Police arrest 5 people (4 locals) in vehicle burglary, theft cases
- Lake Tahoe weather: More rain in forecast after recent 11 billion-gallon dump
- Truckee football: Wolverines top South Tahoe 21-20 in Sierra Bowl
- Hungry like the Wolf: Renowned Tahoe chef pens book on history of Wolfdale’s restaurant, life in kitchens
- Beth Howard leaving Northstar; search for new GM underway