Incline golf | Mitchell Cornell wins in Dayton
April 24, 2013
The Incline golf team won a Division III tournament at Dayton Valley Golf Course last Thursday, while freshman Mitchell Cornell earned individual medalist honors.
Seven schools competed in the North Tahoe-hosted tournament, although only two schools, Incline and North Tahoe, brought full teams of at least five golfers.
Incline took the top spot with a low combined score of 430 to North Tahoe’s 482.
Cornell fired a 75 to easily claim the individual win — his second straight. Sophomore teammate Dylan Smith finished second with an 82 in his return from an injury, while North Tahoe senior Buster Fenley was third with an 86.
Incline senior Kyle Reeves shot an 87, Bryan Golombik a 90 and Arjun Singh a 96.
Trending In: Sports
- Lake Tahoe backcountry skiing is skyrocketing in popularity — but is everyone prepared to make it out alive?
- Death Ride doesn’t live up to name
- Explore Tahoe: Not into skiing? Check out these 6 fun winter ideas
- Lake Tahoe, other Western ski resorts seek Guinness record for lessons
- Tahoe skiing: Guided backcountry tours available at Squaw-Alpine
- Lake Tahoe weather: Are you ready for round three of snow and wind?
- Tahoe power outages: Floriston, Tahoma areas back online (updated)
- Tahoe City woman, 43, killed after tree crushes Subaru (updated)
- Trio of Tahoe-Truckee ski companies stomping their claim in the Sierra
- Lake Tahoe weather: ‘It’s going to be crazy’ this weekend as region digs out