Incline golf | Mitchell Cornell wins in Dayton
April 24, 2013
The Incline golf team won a Division III tournament at Dayton Valley Golf Course last Thursday, while freshman Mitchell Cornell earned individual medalist honors.
Seven schools competed in the North Tahoe-hosted tournament, although only two schools, Incline and North Tahoe, brought full teams of at least five golfers.
Incline took the top spot with a low combined score of 430 to North Tahoe's 482.
Cornell fired a 75 to easily claim the individual win — his second straight. Sophomore teammate Dylan Smith finished second with an 82 in his return from an injury, while North Tahoe senior Buster Fenley was third with an 86.
Incline senior Kyle Reeves shot an 87, Bryan Golombik a 90 and Arjun Singh a 96.
Trending In: Sports
- North Lake Tahoe’s Alpenglow Mountain Festival wraps this weekend
- Lake Tahoe backcountry skiing is skyrocketing in popularity — but is everyone prepared to make it out alive?
- Death Ride doesn’t live up to name
- Prep Nordic racing: Season concludes with CNISSF state championships
- Tahoe skiing: How to master (or, at least learn) new movements with the inside ski
- Teen skiers mourned: two skiers killed in avalanche remembered
- Lake Tahoe weather: Progress being made on widespread power outages
- Lake Tahoe weather: Some on West Shore may be without power into Saturday; others still out, too
- Officials may have to ‘spill’ excess water from Lake Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe weather: Snow, rain, avalanches, mudslides and more possible this week