Incline, North Tahoe golf | Cornell takes win at Carson Valley
April 30, 2013
The Incline golf team swept the top three spots individually to earn the team win in a Northern Division III tournament at Carson Valley Golf Course last Wednesday.
Led by freshman Mitchell Cornell, the Highlanders posted a low team score of 411 between their top five golfers. North Tahoe came in second with a 442, while Whittell was third at 463 and Sierra Lutheran fourth at 474. Yerington, Sage Ridge and Mineral County did not have complete teams.
Individually, Cornell took tournament medalist honors with a 1-under-par 71. Sophomore teammate Dylan Smith was second with a 79 and Bryan Golombik was third with an 81. Kyle Reeves tied for seventh with an 87, while Arjun Singh tied for 14th with a 93.
Senior Trevor Semmens fired an 83 to lead the Lakers in fourth place. North Tahoe's Riley McGuire McCarthy tied for seventh overall with an 87, while Buster Fenley was ninth with an 88, Patrick McCauley tied for 10th with an 89 and Rob Grimes tied for 18th with a 95.
The Highlanders will compete in a DIII tournament at Edgewood Tahoe on Friday. Regionals are May 8 at Ruby View Golf Course in Elko.
Trending In: Sports
- Lake Tahoe backcountry skiing is skyrocketing in popularity — but is everyone prepared to make it out alive?
- Lake Tahoe snowmelt opening up hiking, biking trail options
- Death Ride doesn’t live up to name
- Tahoe skiing: How to master (or, at least learn) new movements with the inside ski
- 2016-17 winter: Looking at next year’s ski-snowboard gear
- Teen skiers mourned: two skiers killed in avalanche remembered
- Lake Tahoe weather: Progress being made on widespread power outages
- Lake Tahoe weather: Floriston, Highway 89 areas still may be down until Saturday
- Officials may have to ‘spill’ excess water from Lake Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe weather: Snow, rain, avalanches, mudslides and more possible this week