Incline, North Tahoe golf | Cornell takes win at Carson Valley
April 30, 2013
The Incline golf team swept the top three spots individually to earn the team win in a Northern Division III tournament at Carson Valley Golf Course last Wednesday.
Led by freshman Mitchell Cornell, the Highlanders posted a low team score of 411 between their top five golfers. North Tahoe came in second with a 442, while Whittell was third at 463 and Sierra Lutheran fourth at 474. Yerington, Sage Ridge and Mineral County did not have complete teams.
Individually, Cornell took tournament medalist honors with a 1-under-par 71. Sophomore teammate Dylan Smith was second with a 79 and Bryan Golombik was third with an 81. Kyle Reeves tied for seventh with an 87, while Arjun Singh tied for 14th with a 93.
Senior Trevor Semmens fired an 83 to lead the Lakers in fourth place. North Tahoe’s Riley McGuire McCarthy tied for seventh overall with an 87, while Buster Fenley was ninth with an 88, Patrick McCauley tied for 10th with an 89 and Rob Grimes tied for 18th with a 95.
The Highlanders will compete in a DIII tournament at Edgewood Tahoe on Friday. Regionals are May 8 at Ruby View Golf Course in Elko.
Trending In: Sports
- Truckee football: Wolverines primed for clash with rival South Tahoe
- North Tahoe football: Mercogliano, Lakers sneak past Yerington JV
- Incline prep roundup: Boys, girls soccer fall short to North Tahoe
- Truckee prep roundup: Wolverines cruise in volleyball, girls soccer
- Truckee cross-country: Girls claim 3rd, boys take 10th in Folsom
- Truckee football: Wolverines top South Tahoe 21-20 in Sierra Bowl
- North Tahoe crime logs: ‘Slobbering’ man dislocates cop’s shoulder
- Election 2016: Truckee Tahoe Airport District — read 4 candidate statements
- Election 2016: Prop 64 would bring more than legal pot to California
- Hungry like the Wolf: Renowned Tahoe chef pens book on history of Wolfdale’s restaurant, life in kitchens