Incline, North Tahoe golf | Cornell takes win at Carson Valley
April 30, 2013
The Incline golf team swept the top three spots individually to earn the team win in a Northern Division III tournament at Carson Valley Golf Course last Wednesday.
Led by freshman Mitchell Cornell, the Highlanders posted a low team score of 411 between their top five golfers. North Tahoe came in second with a 442, while Whittell was third at 463 and Sierra Lutheran fourth at 474. Yerington, Sage Ridge and Mineral County did not have complete teams.
Individually, Cornell took tournament medalist honors with a 1-under-par 71. Sophomore teammate Dylan Smith was second with a 79 and Bryan Golombik was third with an 81. Kyle Reeves tied for seventh with an 87, while Arjun Singh tied for 14th with a 93.
Senior Trevor Semmens fired an 83 to lead the Lakers in fourth place. North Tahoe's Riley McGuire McCarthy tied for seventh overall with an 87, while Buster Fenley was ninth with an 88, Patrick McCauley tied for 10th with an 89 and Rob Grimes tied for 18th with a 95.
The Highlanders will compete in a DIII tournament at Edgewood Tahoe on Friday. Regionals are May 8 at Ruby View Golf Course in Elko.
Trending In: Sports
- The Made in Tahoe Festival will be hosted at Squaw Valley on May 27-28, and celebrates all things Tahoe
- Will big winter impact water temperature for swimmers in Lake Tahoe?
- Locals’ guide to Memorial Day in Tahoe: A light-hearted take on escaping the hustle and bustle
- Truckee’s craft beer scene exploded way back in 1876 with opening of the massive Boca Brewery
- How to safely cross the 72-mile ride around Lake Tahoe off your bucket list