Incline prep roundup: Boys, girls soccer fall short to North Tahoe
October 19, 2016
The Incline boys soccer team couldn’t sustain its strong start in a 2-1 3A Northern League loss to North Tahoe on Tuesday at North Tahoe High School.
Incline grabbed a 1-0 lead five minutes into the first half when Chris Contreras tucked a shot into North Tahoe’s net. The Highlanders continued the assault on the league-leading Lakers, but their goalkeeper made save after save to keep North Tahoe within striking distance.
In the second half, Incline gave up the tying-goal in traffic before allowing the proven game-winning goal late in the frame.
Last Saturday, Incline spread the scoring in a 5-1 home win over Lowry.
The Highlanders’ Chris Contreras initiated the scoring with a goal two minutes into the match and Victor Herrera rounded out the tally with a goal at the 58-minute mark.
The dominant win came on the heels of Incline’s 3-0 shutout of South Tahoe last Wednesday in South Lake Tahoe.
The two teams played a scoreless first half before broke through three minutes into the second half with a goal from Contreras.
Incline (11-3-4, 7-2-4) travels to rival Truckee for a 4 p.m. match Friday.
Girls soccer: Highlanders edged by Lakers
The Incline girls soccer team couldn’t keep up with North Tahoe in a 3-2 league loss Tuesday in Tahoe City.
Incline went up 1-0 early on a corner kick from Rachel Homola, but the Lakers leveled the count later in the first half to make for a 1-1 tie at halftime.
In the second half, the two teams traded goals before the Lakers scored late to edge the Highlanders.
Last week, Incline finished at a 2-2 standstill at home against Lowry on Saturday, and never settled in during a 6-1 road loss to South Tahoe on Wednesday.
Incline (4-7-2, 4-7-2) will take the pitch against Truckee at 2 p.m. Friday at Truckee High School.
Volleyball: Incline sweeps West Wendover
Ellyse Kirkland penciled in 11 kills and four aces, leading the Incline volleyball team to a 3-0 sweep (25-17, 25-17, 25-20) of West Wendover on the road Friday.
The Highlanders’ Taylor Chaney had nine kills and four solo blocks, and Serena Singh anchored the defense with 35 digs.
A day later, Incline struggled in a 3-0 loss (25-15, 25-20, 25-16) to White Pine on Saturday.
Incline (6-6, 6-5) will play at Silver Stage at 5 p.m. Friday, and host Yerington at noon Saturday for its home finale.
Trending In: Sports
- VIDEO: Tahoe native, U.S. Ski Team’s Lila Lapanja returning to form
- Tahoe skiing: Downhill resorts offer up new features for the 2016-17 season
- IVGID Tip: Up your game for Lake Tahoe’s ski slopes
- Fat-bottom whirls: Try out a fat bike for a new form of Tahoe-Truckee snow fun
- America’s rising star: Tahoe’s Travis Ganong talks life away from World Cup
- Details unclear after apparent crime at Truckee Bank of America
- ‘Ninja road stars’ piercing tires in South Lake Tahoe (photos)
- Reno real estate: A look back, and a look ahead at the housing market
- Truckee Police Logs: Man walks into store, nabs jacket, sunglasses
- E. coli, coliform bacteria found in Squaw Valley drinking water at upper mountain