Incline swimming | Baldwin races 100, 200 free at state
May 22, 2013
Incline swimmer Jimmy Baldwin represented the Highlanders well at the Division I-A state championship meet in Carson City this past weekend.
Baldwin, who was the only Incline swimmer to make the state cut at regionals the week prior, qualified in two events, the 100- and 200-yard freestyle races.
He raced to a seventh-place finish in the 200 free, in a time of 1:57.24, and placed eighth in the 100 free, in 53.19.
Boulder City, the top Southern seed, won both the boys and girls team titles. Truckee’s boys and girls both finished runner-up.
Trending In: Sports
- Explore Tahoe: From yoga to skiing, Feb. 18-16 winter mountain fest has it all
- Lake Tahoe backcountry skiing is skyrocketing in popularity — but is everyone prepared to make it out alive?
- Death Ride doesn’t live up to name
- Fat-bottom whirls: Try out a fat bike for a new form of Tahoe-Truckee snow fun
- Achieve Tahoe celebrates 50 years changing lives through passion for the outdoors
- Lake Tahoe weather: Snow, rain, avalanches, mudslides and more possible this week
- Lake Tahoe weather: Foot or more of snow possible Friday; then more rain
- It’s gonna be huge: Lake Tahoe ski resorts look to trump weather issues in time for busy Presidents Day weekend
- Tahoe-Truckee storms: May take months to determine true cost of damage
- Bet your ‘glasses’ – first-of-its-kind wine bar debuts in Incline Village